Think I Have an Addiction

And I'm not close to being done....

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/maninblue1861/1918%20Browning%20automatic%20rifle/_DSC1311_zpsnwylynlk.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/maninblue1861/1918%20Browning%20automatic%20rifle/_DSC1320_zpse41ucr5j.jpg

Edited by Embalmer
  • Upvote 1

Wait till you decide to get a M1917A1 tripod ( $1,000-$1,500 ) , an original AA extension for it ( $700) , and an original BAR fork ( $500 ) to mount your BAR up off the ground .

Oh , don't forget the monopod . Funny .....I can't find the monopod on OOW's sight anymore .

Chris

Thanks, definitely nice for a repro (small amount of buttplate overhang on bottom left, ut otherwise great for the price paid) Cant wait to finish the machine rifle ammunition chest m1. unfortunately damn army tape goop is proving a real pain to get off without wrecking original paint. might end up doing what I did to the m1a1 .30 ammo chest can, bead blast it, and repaint with proper paints. but will give a few more days worth of elbowgrease before throwing in towel.

We had a light lens that came in with a tape goop problem . The guys tried all sorts of fancy chemical mixtures to try and get it off to no avail . I suggested soap and water . It worked . Sometimes we over think things .

Chris

Goo Gone is a good product I have used for removing glue residue. It is sold at Lowes and Home Depot in my area.

I would recommend testing it on an inconspicuous spot first just in case. I have never had a problem with it doing damage but I always test before working on the more visible areas of a piece.

• 3 weeks later...

It NEVER stops, the addiction only gets worse when you purchase more and more !!!

hntrdarren

already starting here...

Figure since I had a well liked thread on my 1918 bar thread, figure show off my 1919 collection that ive started building up. not shown is dewat's belt loader, 100 round ammo can that attaches to side of gun (not IMA's!) and pedestal mounting fork.
got to remark chest to saginaw
tool pouch full of small replacement parts (all saginaw) including the booster.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...