Recent buying experience from Spiwak

huggytree

Having fired several of Pollings interesting hybrid SMGs, there's nothing especially noteworthy about them since they function exactly as they should just like any other SMG. While not my cup of tea, so to speak, the use of Stemple's registered tubes to create a unique and interesting "affordable" SMG that appeals to a segment of the MG shooting and collecting community is outstanding. And more kudos to Polling for his clever use of the tubes to create a "Thompson" for that same segment of the NFA world. While these SMGs are entirely recreational in use, they are a further important contribution to the many, many examples of the creative initiative and imagination of people in the NFA industry and hobby. That's what makes MGs so interesting to me, for sure…...

• Upvote 1

yes i got the one on the add...the serial # says so and also he said the TWIN does not have a rail it has a rear sight.....i thought the pic was of the other gun also at first once i heard....

ive got 10,000 9mm of 4 different varieties (subsonic and normal).....i think over my life time i will even use more, but at some point you have to say you have enough and 10,000 rounds is it for me right now.....

ive never traveled....my M16 was $35,000.....i trusted dealers....ive really only had 1 other than this that didnt quite meet my expectations and the big problem was 2 pictures....i learned after that purchase that i needed 10-20 pics before i bought another...yet i trusted spiwak in this case with 3 pics because his description was BRAND NEW and the pics look flawless...plus i will admit the price was low enough to fix any problem....when is exactly what happened--a problem and i got it fixed for $500 out of pocket....im done buying more FA's now....this was the last Hurrah....i hid the last 2 from my wife...i finally came clean after buying a SA Cetme too...my gun cabinet is full....id have to buy a new safe to move further into the hobby......ive got enough diversity and this experience has soured me too.....ill be happy with more and more uppers for my Mac 10...

95% of dealers/people have accurately described their items...ive never lost in the FA marketplace....mags/parts/guns...all have been great....this is by far my worst experience....so i guess im lucky....

Having fired several of Pollings interesting hybrid SMGs, there's nothing especially noteworthy about them since they function exactly as they should just like any other SMG. While not my cup of tea, so to speak, the use of Stemple's registered tubes to create a unique and interesting "affordable" SMG that appeals to a segment of the MG shooting and collecting community is outstanding. And more kudos to Polling for his clever use of the tubes to create a "Thompson" for that same segment of the NFA world. While these SMGs are entirely recreational in use, they are a further important contribution to the many, many examples of the creative initiative and imagination of people in the NFA industry and hobby. That's what makes MGs so interesting to me, for sure...

I think they are unique. First thing is they come w a warranty No one else is making machine guns on a medium scale. I have yet to see a negative review on function. Name another $8,000 gun like that ? Uzis, reisings, mk760s. I see endless posts of problems. Want a reasonable priced machine gun w a warranty that will run flawless. Brp is it

The gun runs so smooth. Its assembled so simply and with high quality parts. (Thanks to Suomi)

He could have made his own unique design vs a frankengun. But its not his thing I guess.

Find a nicer shooting more reliable $8,550 gun. What is it?

Then does it have a warranty and 1 week return service ?

Brp is the man

huggytree writes: ...now if i was a gun dealer...that was my only job....id know everything....there really arent that many types of transferrables out there...sure you will find a few obscure ones, but for the most part there's what? 20 main machine guns (approx)....<

Well, with all due respect, you have made your point and now you sound just like the dealers you have been badmouthing all along so you are losing my sympathy. Sorry to say so, but your comment above just shows your clear lack of experience and considerable ignorance of the world of MGs. I understand you are venting and I understand your point, but your generality is flat out wrong. Your expectations are unrealistic and because of what happened to you, you are pissed, but it's time to learn the lesson and move on. At least refrain from making foolish statements. FWIW

Edited by Black River Militaria CII
  • Upvote 1

You may be correct. I'm a plumber and I don't know everything about plumbing. Ive got my specialties. And I pass work onto others who specialize in other aspects of plumbing. I want your sympathy back. I see your point

My point was more geared towards just a basic function test. Basic gun knowledge was all that was needed to tell my gun had a couple of issues. I didn't need a full diagnosis of its issue. Just pull the bolt back and dry fire it 3x. Check the selector. I found these issues in 5 seconds. Just as I maybe can't fix every plumbing problem. But I can recognize a problem easily. That's what I should have said earlier

Also I'm not pissed. Irritated and dissapointed. A bit pissed with myself for getting into this situation as I did see it coming and was prepared for it.

Edited by huggytree

Oh come on there's always room in the safe for one more! I'm about done with this safe.....10 years ago, and several others maybe you want to buy it? As you might notice there are several varieties of MG's in there you don't have....more than 20 in that safe alone (of course ignore the junk in the front). I kind of get it, open bolt, closed bolt, M16, mac, Thompson and a tube gun, what else is there to this hobby? Unfortunately whatever disease Bob has, I also seem to have contracted it and when I see something unique it catches my eye and it's function intrigues me? They played a big part in history and the roles they served in flat out changing history and shaping the world as we know it today.

An SOT costs in most cases $500. When you contact a "dealer" expect about $500 in overall knowledge because that is the fee for entry and knowledge required. A few dealers have millions in experience, some guys never move past the initial 500 bucks and have no desire to do anything but bring it in, move it out, make a few bucks to pay the SOT and enjoy some privileges that go along with the payment. Back when I had an SOT I knew a fraction of what I know now..... if you can believe that, and guys bought stuff from me occasionally?

IMG_7302.JPG

IMG_7303.JPG

my safe isnt as large, but it looks a bit similar...accept everything is in a gun sock and tucked neatly away....ive got AR's for the kids yet to get in their (they get one when they turn 13) and 3 more FA's coming down the pipe......im struggling to fit them now...for handguns i got these rods that bend over the shelf, so i can hang them above the rifles

• 2 weeks later...

Rather late to this party, but:

What dealer is going to take a chance on test firing any MG, given today's prices? Oops, bulged that 21 barrel; sorry.

Even allowing that this seller has an easy to understand contract (his sales seem similar to buying a used car "where is and as is"),

I believe much of the difficulty with this purchase could have been eliminated with a good set of photos.

Except for the earlier generations of cell phones, even a fifty dollar point and shoot (which now can almost be purchased by the pound at pawn shops) will easily show the degree of original rust and damage shown in the OP's photos.

True, some people just don't know what makes a good photo,

but, a dealer has an obligation to learn how to properly represent these expensive items, or can hire a high quality photographer, as Rubin does.

As a photographer, I know the frustration of insufficient or really poor quality pictures when trying to decide on a firearm.

Several times I have asked for additional photos and different views, and sometimes offered suggestions on how to take better photos.

In almost every case, the seller was very agreeable and helpful. I have always done the same when selling.

Photos not even needed. Description said. Brand new condition. Seeing the pics I posted would you or anyone call the gun brand new?

Pics tell the story better than words. But even past firing a gun. What dealer would not even cycle it ? I know one who wouldn't.

The stock does not match the pics. Ill go as far as to ask if the photos are 100% real?? Have they been tweaked either through lighting or photoshop. Rest of the guns colors match but the butt stock is much darker in the pics. How would photography cause 1 part of the gun to look different and not another. The butt stock was blonde. When I stripped it no finish came off. Just some dirt. Do the provided pics show a blonde stock? With a weather beat finish? Or does it look stained and nice?

All the big dealers give 2-3 pics. If they gave 20 detailed pics they would not sell as many. Frank atf recently gave me 1 pic of a mac which looked like it was taken in the dark. Yet someone bought that gun right after me. People buy on the dream of owning a machine gun. That is what these guys sell. After waiting a few months and the gun arrives how many send it back when its junky??? Almost none. And I'm proof of that. I accepted this gun even with all its flaws and put hundreds out of my pocket to make it right. As would most of us

Edited by huggytree