WTB: MP40 magazines

Looking for more magazines for my incoming MP40 subgun.

Looking only for German 32 rounders in reasonable condition. Don't need to be perfect, this is not for display purposes. No Vigeron mags thank you.

I have 5, figure I need another 5-10.

Let me know what you have and what you want for them.

• Upvote 1

I bought mine from folke . I think I bought 15 and they were $100 each. He selected steyr for me. They were nos condition.

Might try him. Mp40 mags have continued to go up in price since then. But maybe he is still $100 each

Edited by huggytree

I was goiing to pass along the names of some of my favorite European sellers, but they're gone. The EU ban on the sales of machinegun parts did them in. They can't even sell outside of the EU.

Keep checking Gun Broker. I was watching an auction that just ended yesterday there were 3 together and went for $310. Nice used condition but finish kind of worn. I would have bought them if I was looking for mags. I have 15 vintage mags but never use them for shooting, the vig mags work just fine for that and they are in newer condition.

Did you contact folke ?

Refinished/parkerized ones will have low collector value and these mags are at collector prices

Folke has the best quality for the least $$

Good price on the other batch

Unless he has sold out by now

Edited by huggytree

Did you contact folke ?

Refinished/parkerized ones will have low collector value and these mags are at collector prices

Folke has the best quality for the least $$

Good price on the other batch

Unless he has sold out by now

I have not contacted folke yet.

You think $87.50 is collector pricing? Nobody on this forum offered anything close to that (got these somewhere else), in fact the lowest price offered here was $95 for "Good".

I'm happy with what I got, considering my options.

Folke was $100 nos condition and hand select steyr

That was a year ago. Might have included shipping

I posted it as the first response. You ignored my advice,paid more and most likely got less

Need something ? He is always a good source to try first. He sold me a nos/flawless original mp40 barrel $450 shipped. I see them sell at $900 in worse shape

Edited by huggytree

Why tell me I paid too much? I paid LESS than what you are talking about.

I didn't ignore your advice, I dismissed it. I wasn't wanting to pay $100+ for magazines if I could avoid it. I don't care if they are NOS or close, I want shooting magazines.

Keep checking Gun Broker. I was watching an auction that just ended yesterday there were 3 together and went for $310. Nice used condition but finish kind of worn. I would have bought them if I was looking for mags. I have 15 vintage mags but never use them for shooting, the vig mags work just fine for that and they are in newer condition.

Interesting.

I thought the Vig mags didn't work, or at least, wouldn't fit, in MP40's.

Did you have to modify them in some way?

Thanks.

Interesting.

I thought the Vig mags didn't work, or at least, wouldn't fit, in MP40's.

Did you have to modify them in some way?

Thanks.

Yes they require some grinding.

you can buy $100 folke mags that are worth $140 tomorrow and will work

or you can buy refinished $75 mags that may work and will be worth $75 or less tomorrow

if $ is the issue then buy the Vig mags

Nice condition mags have gone up $20-30 since i bought my MP40 2 years ago....parkerized ones will most likely not

people sell their junk mags in small quantities...when you buy in large bulk from known dealers your more likely to get mostly good ones...i try to find dealers and buy 15-25 mags...ive had very few bad functioning ones that way.

you will have a beautiful new finished/ newly made MP40 and a blah mag hanging out of the bottom that you have to spend $20 to replace the spring so it will work

Edited by huggytree

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a gun show in Ft Myers Sat. and bought 2 nice 98E's for 120 each. In retrospect I should have bought all 5 for 500. He has more MP40 mags of various manufacturers. I've got a phone # if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI-just got some extras cause the price was right. Mags@$75. I only ordered two cause I was unsure of the

condition but they were well worth it and better than the mags I paid $125 for. Order was delivered in 2 days.

WWII Mags---Simpson LTD.

Anybody know where to get MP40 magazine floorplates? I have one where the retaining tab is broken off.

Here you go. This guy is a reputable, long established seller. The floor plates that he lists as reproductions are Norwegian made and are of very high quality. They are identical to German WWII, except without the WaA stamps.

http://www.bergflak.com/mp/bs10.html