Does Anyone Know The Story On Colt Parts Kits?

Does anyone know the story?

NFA Market Board

WTS: Colt 1921 Thompson Parts Kit $6500

Posted By: ScottEdwin in Michigan (24.247.150.97.kzo.mi.chartermi.net)
Date: 10/30/04 08:18

I have a few recently demilled Colt 1921 Thompson parts kits. This parts kit is original,complete and in 90%+ condition. Please email me for additional details.

Link to Ad

These things are SO RARE! How great it is to seem them available again and at the great bargain price of only 6.5X what a normal 28 Kit brings. Now if this were only in line with real gun prices... colt Thompsons would be bringing almost $200,000.00!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes the greedy Class 3 dealers on subguns/sturm REALLY start to SMELL like used car salesmen. NOT SOUND, smell like them. Jesus Christ, its a used parts kit without a gun. Lets see... you get a barrel and some wood made by Remington, a compensator made by Cutts or some subcontractor, and you get a lower half made by colt which is identical in technical regards to any savage or AO built gun. Thats worth the extra cash....

GAWWWWD.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Jesus Christ, its a used parts kit without a gun. Lets see... you get a barrel and some wood made by Remington, a compensator made by Cutts or some subcontractor, and you get a lower half made by colt which is identical in technical regards to any savage or AO built gun. Thats worth the extra cash....
GAWWWWD.

An original 1968 GT-40, minus the engine, is still worth more than a 2004 version.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Oct 31 2004, 10:20 PM)
Jesus Christ, its a used parts kit without a gun. Lets see... you get a barrel and some wood made by Remington, a compensator made by Cutts or some subcontractor, and you get a lower half made by colt which is identical in technical regards to any savage or AO built gun. Thats worth the extra cash....
GAWWWWD.

An original 1968 GT-40, minus the engine, is still worth more than a 2004 version.

Who fuckin' cares dude, that a car your talking about. Were talking about guns on this board. FYI I really don't give a shit about cars. What the hell is a 1968 GT-40 anyway?

its a rare ford that a few own,and ford just revised it for around $140,000.00, maybe someday guys can put wheel's on the colts and drive them.wink!!

parts kits $6,500.00 and more..momma didn't raise no foo!!

they can shove that!!

of course some poor boy will want the colt magic parts...

its blued metal thats all, nothing more nothing less!!

take care,ron

A 1921/28 kit sold back in Feb of this year for $6,000 in ONE day.

Let's try and add of the prices of the Colt parts if sold individually, here are my estimates assuming condition is excellent.

Barrel $1,500

Lower $1,500

Stock set $2,000

Complete Internals $2,000

Total $7,000

Your mileage may vary on the prices but probably would not be too much different.

michael

John Jr. says:

"Who fuckin' cares dude, that a car your talking about. Were talking about guns on this board. FYI I really don't give a shit about cars. What the hell is a 1968 GT-40 anyway?"

'Dude' you need to drink some decaf and take a valium and relax....life is too short to be obnoxious and foul mouthed...act like an adult! Why does the board moderator let this on the board?

Complete parts kits for your 1928 less the receiver of course from Ohio Ordnance, $950. Parts are in mint condition, I looked at them yesterday at the show. the parts are all blued and look like new. And guess what, they were from another country. I didn't want to know how or ask how, guy told me they were Russian parts kits.

Even less than IMA and Ohio Ord for '28 parts sets:

NFA Market Board

WTS+Thompson 1928 Part Kits $845.00

Posted By: AZWalt in AZ (proxyche01.or2.marketscore.com)

Date: 10/28/04 21:21

Have kits in stock at present time. All are in near mint condition. There are no receiver sections in the kits. All are original WWII out of Russia where they have been stored. These where part of the Lend Lease program during that period. Price does not include shipping. Pics on www.omega-weapons-systems.com.

Call Don at warehouse if you have any questions, (520)889-8895. Thanks.

Why does the board moderator let this on the board?

I always kinda figured this was an ADULT site..Gawd damn, it doesn't bother me any... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Because one of the board moderators is completely and uttery fed up with all this bickering, and the other one has been battling total and complete hard drive failure (including a toasted mainboard). And I've got a slip-noose hanging in the corner as well.

Now I am starting to get hate mail from members that, if I acted upon, I'd be about the only one left here after all the mass-banning!

Things are getting back to normal for me here, so I suggest you all follow suit! NO more foul language (it doesn't bother me any but it reflects a certain amount of incivility that I'd just as soon NOT see here again). NO more personal attacks. If you want to slug it out, take it to the back of the room.

We are all friends here, but we need to just chill out a tad. The election will be over tomorrow (please keep that relegated to the non-Thompson related forum; been REAL lax about topics here too...hint hint) and things will get back to some level of normality, I hope.

Remember, like Nick has said before, posting here is a privledge, NOT a right. We can start deleting posts again, or calm down and take a breath before posting. Please, the latter....

CG