Help Needed to Find Adapter Plate for 1927a5 to accept 28 Stock

Hello Fellow Board Members:

I have a 1927a5 that would be a great SBR conversion to accept a 1928 buttstock.

I have all the licenses necessary-Have 07 MFR with SOT stamp.

I am not aware where the adapter plates or kits can be found

Your help is appreciated or if you have one to sell let me know

I have an older WH pistol not the cuurent crop of TA5

Thanks

Haris

my machine shop made my plate for me. he used a wider piece of flat bar and milled it down. he also did the lower frame. after a bit of minor filing it slid right in with no side to side wiggle. my stock and all my hardware came from a garage sale. I just lucked out one day and found a bunch of Thompson stuff so I bought it all. sarco has the stock, stock latching plate and screws. theres another vendor that's called keystone that has the correct latch spring. the adapter plate is the same size as the inside of the latch plate. theres a diagram on this site that give the dimensions for the machine work on your lower. ive tried posting pictures of mine but just cant seem to figure it out I need some help there

I have an extra 1928 stock with all the metal and the latching plate

so that can be adapted

where can i get this adapter plate?

Thanks

If you find the diagram, please send me a link to it

Edited by Grease Gunner

Its just a PC of flat bar 1/8 inch thick.

It is 4 inches long by the width of the latch plate slot (as Pete says, machine the width to match the latch plate minus a few thousand and it will be rattle free)

Now on your trigger frame , you are going to have to have it machined on a mill.to match the profile of a 28

Then you drill and tap receiver/Trigger frame so you can bolt the plate on .

M4 flat heads work extremely well

• 2 weeks later...

Coming real soon, screw on adapter that looks like the original. My website is lcgnm.com. I used to make them under the name chopper ordnance along with new stock slides that fit like the original. But unless I had a real incentive to make those thare are just too many steps in the process to be worth while.

Yes. I think you asked will I make them. I am tooling up today. I have the material and will have some ready probably tomorrow if all goes as planned. My credit card merchant account should be read t to tale orders by then I hope.