Photo

T-20 Garand build

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Martial double action revolvers, military history, Wild Bunch cowboy action shoots, reloading.

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

I know its not a M14 but the T20 was an evolutionary step between the Garand and M14. In case you dont know what a T20 was, it was an SA experimental select fire, box magazine fed Garand rifle. I created my mini30/m14 last year so I decided why not build a mini 300blkout/ T20 garand. I had Accuracy Systems rebarrel my mini 14 and shape the bbl to garand bbl contours. Just got it back and have been inletting the action, filling and shaping the stock. I removed the splines from a demilled gas cylinder so that it would slide over the bbl and duck taped it to the bbl yesterday so Id have a front sight, installed a mag and fired 8 manually cycled rds through it. Magazine fed fine and locked the bolt. Even hit my cowboy steel. When I get the wood right Ill send it to Shuffs to have the splines and threads cut at the muzzle for a good gas cylinder. Last will be connecting the cut ruger op rod to the cut garand op rod. Ive got the distinctive muzzle brake almost built. Its coming together.

Attached Files

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 01 May 2019 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Adg105200

Adg105200

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

Very interesting build! Never heard of the T20 before now. Looks good

Andrew

#3 Frank Iannamico

Frank Iannamico

Website Founder & Industry Expert

• 1120 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

There is a complete chapter on all the T20, Full-Auto Garands, and all the other T-series rifles that led to the M14, in the revised Last Steel Warrior book.

Hardcover, lots of detailed color photos.

www.smallarmsreview.com  

Attached Files

#4 Adg105200

Adg105200

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 818 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

There is a complete chapter on all the T20, Full-Auto Garands, and all the other T-series rifles that led to the M14, in the revised Last Steel Warrior book.
Hardcover, lots of detailed color photos.

www.smallarmsreview.com  

Thanks I'll have to buy a copy!

Andrew

#5 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Martial double action revolvers, military history, Wild Bunch cowboy action shoots, reloading.

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Ran into a snag, Shuffs won’t do my custom mini/m1 bbl work as they are set up to only work on M1 bbls period. I’ll have to find another machine shop. Possibly found one in Raleigh that might do it.