Mag Catch Differences

Are the GI 28 magazine catches different from the Colt magazine catches? The reason I am asking this is I have some GI 30 round stick mags that work great in my Bridgeport 28 but don't work well in my Colt 28 Navy. These GI stick mags were also having problems in my friend's NAC/Colt 21.

Thanks

Roger

The GI mag release has a hole drilled in the flat knurled part of the mag release lever, and the knurling is different and they are not as nicely finished. Other than that, they are the same. (The Colt mag release has a flat knurled paddle without the hole, i suspect the hole was added for wartime production as a locating point to make it easier to do some machining operation on a fixture)

What do you mean NAC/Colt? There are only 15, which serial number does he have?

Did somebody put a WH mag catch in one of your guns?

If you want, call me to bring them by, and I will look at them. i have examples of both catches here.

Doug

Edited by AZDoug

Doug,

My friend's Thompson is a NAC gun but Colt originally manufactured the upper and lower receiver. I do not know the serial number of the gun. I think magazine catch on my Bridgeport gun is a West Hurley part. The machining on the catch is very course.

Thanks

Roger