10 replies to this topic

#1 Tiz

Tiz

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Skeet, Trap, Reloading, Shooting, and anything Full Auto

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

Well, fellow Thompson enthusiasts I have received about 13 PM's from fellow board members to make another run of repair tools. I placed the order for materials today. I am listing the board names of those on the order list below. If you name is not on the list and you want a repair tool please PM me so I can get you on the list. I will contact everyone thru the board with a PM as the tools are finished and ready to go. This may take a while since prior to the Covid 19 B.S. I was retired and had more time to devote to the project. Now that I have been called out of retirement to help with the unemployment situation, time is a bit tight ( I feel as if I have been drafted again ) anyway here is the list so far.

MG08

TD

1GEWEHR

Frank Ianamico

AZBOATER

SHOOTER333

THRITYROUNDER

MIKE IN PA

INTERVENTION

MRKTBEAT

IMAGEAUDIO

HEAVEY ARTILLERY

#2 azboater

azboater

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:God & Country, Family, Firearms, Automobiles, History & Historical Photography

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:32 PM

Look forward to it
Thanks!

#3 TheTodd

TheTodd

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

How much are they? Thanks...Ken

#4 1gewehr

1gewehr

• Board Donor
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Emma Gee, Lewis, Sterling, MP40, Chauchat, Marlin Digger

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:16 AM

Good news!

Thank you.

#5 thirtyround

thirtyround

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:US and US Military History, THOMPSON's, Inert Ordnance, hunting, shooting

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

Tiz,  Let me know how much you require and will send payment anytime requested.  PM Sent / Thanks Again  

#6 imageaudio

imageaudio

Long Time Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy collecting WW2 guns, original period literature and memorabilia.

I reload ammo and participate in competitive shooting. I also do very minor gunsmithing.

My primary objective in all things is safety first.

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:15 PM

Received my repair tool last week.    It is very robust and well constructed.   I especially liked the bolt which allows for critical and precise placement of the tool within the tube.   Came with a clearly communicated instruction sheet for members like me who do not have years of experience with the Thompson.   

Thanks for taking the time and effort to construct these tools Carl.   Well worth every penny.

#7 shooter333

shooter333

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:47 PM

I would like to be included in the tool list.

Thanks,

Brent in Savannah, GA

#8 Old Sensei

Old Sensei

• Regular Group
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:59 PM

Please put me on the list.

#9 Tiz

Tiz

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 380 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 AM

Please put me on the list.

You are now on the list my friend. Please watch your PM for when I have one ready for you.

Thanks 

carl

#10 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 3527 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Tiz,

I received my magazine tool. Great service and packing. Thank you.

It is a very sturdy tool that should last for several lifetimes! Excellent value!  

I have an observation that I want to make and obtain feedback from other members who have purchased and used your tool. I don't think it is absolutely necessary to de-flash the magazine catch hole and screw in the provided bolt. It appears to me if the tool is mounted in a vise and a magazine is held down tightly on the tool by hand allowing a view into the magazine catch hole that shows alignment with the hole in the tool, a user can then straighten the magazine feed lips with their preferred tool (plastic hammer for me) without all that de-flashing. 

I performed the de-flashing on one of my magazines and agree it is not hard to do. But I am not sure it is necessary all the time. 

Comments? 

#11 Tiz

Tiz

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 380 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:40 PM

If that method works for you, great. The only reason for the bolt is to facilitate the proper height and alignment of the tool without placing any bearing on the mag catch hole which might deform, enlarge or elongate the mag catch hole. If you can gain the proper alignment using the method you describe I see nothing wrong with that. Thanks for passing that along for the good of all who have purchased one of my tools. The instructions I provide are not rules just provided for guidance. 

All the best

Tiz