Search For Original M1 Barrel

MEN,

I AM IN NEED OF AN ORIGINAL BUT NEW (UNUSED) ORIGINAL BARREL FOR A THOMPSON M1 AND ALSO THE SIGHT AND SIGHT PIN.

I HAVE A DEWAT M1 WHICH FELL INTO THE CATEGORY THAT PERMITTED ME TO SEEK AND OBTAIN ATF APPROVAL TO RETURN IT TO FULL AUTO FIRE.

I WANT TO BE SURE THAT THE BARREL IS SUITABLE IN BOTH THE SENSE OF AUTHENTICITY AND FULL AUTO FIRE.

THIS GUN WILL BE USED AND FIRED EXTENSIVELY.

CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY SOURCE FOR THESE BARRELS??

THANK YOU.

LE LONGUE CARABINE

731-784-4118

Doug Richardson had some in his catalog; not sure if he is still offering them.

Edit: See the new post concerning Doug's health. Better to wait for him to recover before contacting him.

Is your name really "The Long Rifle"?

Edited by mnshooter
  • Upvote 1

David,

Texas -- good place to be from!!

I have checked that source among many others, and I am finding that there is a lot of misinformation out there.

When you contact some companies that advertise that they have a barrel of that type they tell you, no, I am sorry we do not. That is despite the fact that on their website they indicate they do.

Further, we keep finding this kind of barrel or that kind of barrel but when you question them closely you find that it is NOT an original unused M1 Thompson barrel.

As a lawyer I learned a long time ago to ask questions closely since people will often tell you what they think you want to hear in order to make a sale or persuade you of this or that.

Or they really don't know what they are talking about but they act like they do.

By following that close questioning practice i continue to expose ads, dealers, etc. that are in one way or another misleading - perhaps not always deliberately so, but the effect is still the same.

So, recently someone suggested i become a member of machinegunboards and ask fellow members. My source told me he felt certain someone would be 1) considerate enough to steer us straight and 2) savvy enough to know where these barrels could be found.

As someone who deals regularly with the legal profession, your statements have an erie familiarity.

Was it Mark Twain who said: "99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name"? :D

Specifically offered as an personal comment, not meant to reflect upon the character of anyone living, dead, or undead. Hope you find your M1 barrel.

Edited by mnshooter
  • Upvote 1

David,

Texas -- good place to be from!!

I have checked that source among many others, and I am finding that there is a lot of misinformation out there.

When you contact some companies that advertise that they have a barrel of that type they tell you, no, I am sorry we do not. That is despite the fact that on their website they indicate they do.

Further, we keep finding this kind of barrel or that kind of barrel but when you question them closely you find that it is NOT an original unused M1 Thompson barrel.

As a lawyer I learned a long time ago to ask questions closely since people will often tell you what they think you want to hear in order to make a sale or persuade you of this or that.

Or they really don't know what they are talking about but they act like they do.

By following that close questioning practice i continue to expose ads, dealers, etc. that are in one way or another misleading - perhaps not always deliberately so, but the effect is still the same.

So, recently someone suggested i become a member of machinegunboards and ask fellow members. My source told me he felt certain someone would be 1) considerate enough to steer us straight and 2) savvy enough to know where these barrels could be found.

You missed being able to buy USGI NOS finned M1 barrels on CMP forum by about 4 months, they were $175 new in the wrap. Seller has pulled his ad, it was up for at least a month.

I just spoke with Doug Richardson. He has stock of the M1 bbl's, Genuine USGI. FWIW. I'd call it $275+14/shipping. Buy them while you can ladies...

PS: Tons on GB? I saw one...