MACHINE GUN SALE

After much consideration, thought and soul-searching I have decided that it is time to thin the heard. I thought (with David’s permission) I would list them here first to give the member’s here first shot. These are from my personal collection, many I have had for 20+ years and shot very little. Most of the guns have appeared in articles and books I have written.

Terms

All funds up front start the transfer process. I strongly prefer that they go to a C3 dealer in your area, I do not want to have both your money and guns in my possession waiting for a transfer. I can eform 3 the transfers and tax free and ATF eforms usually take 1 day to a week for approval. I will ship the gun to your dealer the same or next business day approval is received. I can provide any photos of your choosing angles etc. If you’re a photo-collector or tire kicker, please don’t waste my time. Shipping and insurance is $75/gun via USPS registered mail.

All are transferable

Sagia Short BarreL semi-auto shot gun 12 gauge $1500.00

Remington 1187 semi-automatic 14” barrel police gun NFA $899.

Ruger MK2 pistol Stainless, integral suppressor with laser in the grip $900.00

MAC 10 .45 Powder Springs mfg. With original suppressor $7500.00

Sten II tube gun by Charlie Erb, painted black like originals but in modern Moly Resin $7500.

Sten V tube gun by Charlie Erb, painted semi-gloss black like originals but in modern Moly Resin $8K

AK 74 Chinese fixed stock converted into a 5.45x39mm Russian clone by Piece of History Co. Laminated Russian wood. $29k Cyrillic markings.

M92 Under folding stock 7.62x39mm clone of a Yugo M92 $27k

Savage M1 Thompson; bright M1 bolt, paddle type selector and safety, protected rear sight, Parkerized SOLD

Reising 1st model, blued early model, owned since 1999 never fired by me. SOLD

M3A1 C&R Original Guide Lamp came from a PD in Oregon ………SOLD

Savage M1 Thompson, early paddle safety and selector, bright M1 bolt SOLD

Soviet PPD 40 C&R predecessor to the PPSh41 $19,000.00 SOLD

Sterling Built on a Sten tube flat black Moly Resin finish like Brit issue, crinkle finish was for export sales SOLD

UD 42 C&R a rare gun, designed by 9mm $25k SOLD

MP40 C&R all numbers matching FXO …………..41 SOLD

Lanchester C&R early production with tangent rear sight. SOLD

Beretta 38/42 C&R early fluted barrel………….. SOLD

Well, trying to sell over 100 guns is more aggravation than I ever thought, photographing, listing, answering questions, price haggling is more than I want to deal with.

So, I am having a dealer list all of the Title 1 guns on GunBroker for me. So no list will be forthcoming.

The machine guns will be listed again on Sturmgewehr's NFA market board.

Frank

Frank,

Did you look into turning all 100 guns over to Rock Island Auctions.??

I have heard they will come to your house ,pick up all the guns sell them.??

Jim C

PS. I think that's what my wife is planning to do with my guns.

Edited by jim c 351

Frank,

Did you look into turning all 100 guns over to Rock Island Auctions.??

I have heard they will come to your house ,pick up all the guns sell them.??

Jim C

PS. I think that's what my wife is planning to do with my guns.

Hi Jim,

I have been to the auction and spoke with them, I think that's the way to go. Especially if they would come and get them!

I myself like Morphy's more because things are catalogued accurately and lots more pictures than Rock. I received a machinegun from Rock that couldnt pass a function test.That wont happen under Keene's watch

They have no guarantees,either of the two houses but the care that Morphy's takes is invaluable.The machinegun repair only cost me 150 luckily.

Edited by Grease Gunner

I myself like Morphy's more because things are catalogued accurately and lots more pictures than Rock. I received a machinegun that couldnt pass a function test.

They have no guarantees,either of the two houses but the care that Morphy's takes is invaluable.The machinegun repair only cost me 150 luckily.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll check out Morphy's they are in PA, so that would help transporting them.

My vote is RIA, lower premium, no sales tax. They refuse to hire anyone with MG experience. I'm not sure if they are too cheap or plausible deniability? There certainly are pro's and con's to both, but location is a huge factor, and if it's too far and your stuff doesn't meet reserve I don't know what the backup plan is for either one, but surely closer is better. My assumption is all MG's at auction don't work properly, so it's rare that I'm disappointed, that's just the nature of an auction. Occasionally you get a jewel, but in a yard full of dogs there's a lot of land mines!

If I had to choose one now it would have to be RIA, they have gotten better over the years and I have not been happy with Morphy's compared to JJ for a variety of reasons to the point I no longer follow their auctions and have no intention to in the near future.

Frank,

I'm not sure, but I think the greater the dollar amount, the better the chance of lowering the sellers premium.

So, if you sell the high value MGs ahead of time you may be hit with a higher sellers fee on the remaining guns at RIA auctions.

Someone here should know.

Jim C

Maybe things have changed, but Rock Island told me they will only sell NFA items after they have been sent to them on a form 3 or form 4.

Only a few days for a dealer to form 3 them, but a private seller will be waiting a year for the transfer, then the catalog, then the auction.

Could take around 1-1/2 years to sell.

Edited by mnshooter

Maybe things have changed, but Rock Island told me they will only sell NFA items after they have been sent to them on a form 3 or form 4.

Only a few days for a dealer to form 3 them, but a private seller will be waiting a year for the transfer, then the catalog, then the auction.

I am a dealer, so no problem there. I was at Morphy's yesterday, they have a lot of NFA guns.

Even if he wasn't a dealer, a Form 4 FROM an individual to a dealer takes 1-3 months not the year that a transfer TO an individual takes.