TSMG Firing Protrusion Gauge

Just got home, following a short break away working, and found a few nice items to add to the collection, which had arrived in the mail during my absence, including the gauge pictured below.

Firing Pin Gauge.jpg

Firing Pin Gauge 2.jpg

Has anyone come across these before, first time I have seen one?

Stay safe

Richard

I got mine from Richard Garcia over at tommyguncollectibles not more than a few months ago. I can't remember what I paid.

Is there any known history or manufacturers of these?

Richard - interesting font and abbreviation for machine gun.

Here's mine:

IMG_20180418_180213.jpg

IMG_20180418_180315.jpg

Andrew

at one time back in the 1970 s a lot of these surfaced, most with the canadan c- broad arrow. in those days they were priced around 1.00 ea, i have not seen one around in a long time, nice find, what did you pay for it?

Nothing seems to go down in price over time, due to inflation etc., I paid $20 for mine, so I was happy with that. Indeed from the various posts above, there appears to be a few variations of the markings on these gauges, the one I purchased have the manufacturers details and date on one side. I popped mine into my Gordon Herigstad spare parts container for safe keeping.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20763&hl=

Stay safe

Richard

Edited by rpbcps

I got mine from Richard Garcia over at tommyguncollectibles not more than a few months ago. I can't remember what I paid.

Is there any known history or manufacturers of these?

Richard - interesting font and abbreviation for machine gun.

Here's mine:

attachicon.gif IMG_20180418_180213.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_20180418_180315.jpg

Andrew,

Last month, Richard Garcia sold me a nice original "US Navy Model of 1928 Insert Sheet" to compliment the original "1929 AO Commercial Price List and Catalog" bought earlier this year.

Stay safe

Richard

I always wondered about these since the firing pin is floating how accurate can the gage be?

Maybe a solution for a non-existant problem...

Bob

Does anyone know when these were made? Maybe for the M1A1? I mean the floating firing pin can still be checked. But just curious.

Andrew

Mine's the same, except the broadhead is on the other side of the writing. While we were at a gun show about 20 years ago, my Garand-obsessed friend bought a box of misc M1 parts. He found the TSMG gauge at the bottom of the box. He sold it to me for a cold beer.