Blue Book Semiauto Values

Just wondering what reasonable prices were on some pieces. I've been checking the Blue Book, but the asking prices I see over at GunsAmerica are frequently double to triple or more Blue Book. Anybody know what's reasonable on the following, or have any alternate internet source suggestions?

pre-ban 1927A-5 "pistol" (Blue Book $1050 @100%, GunsAmerica classified $3K cond. "as-new"--ie, UNKNOWN due to no photo)

10mm 1927A-1 (Blue Book $825 @100%, GunsAmerica classified $3K "as-new"--see comment above)

Thanks much!

I put very little faith in so called "blue books" of any kind. My experience is that price varies with region. The internet auction sites, well, you can get a good deal, but they seem to cater to those with more dollars than sense. It's easy to get in a bidding war over something, too. I sold an unissued WW II US Marine marked cartridge belt on eBay for $325.00! It's only worth $100 to $125, but the buyer got "tunnel vision."

A few months ago I bought an A5 semi pistol for $1.500.00 with hard case and a 39 round drum off GunsAmerica. The A5 that Ralph has listed now at $3K is way off base price wise as far as I'm concerned. Look at the prices of all his guns and make your own conclusions... But back to your question I would think you're looking at around 1 to $1.5K for the gun alone. I feel my purchase with all that was included, was under the market value as the A5 just doesn't show up that much anywhere. At the BigReno gunshow he had is .22 cal A3 for I think $2.4K at his table, and the table just north of his had one for $850.00. I would think ole Ralph should have picked it up a made a few K but he didn't.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif