Blank Shot Mag

Thought I would share a pic of an inbound Blank Shot Mag I have coming. Doug Richardson's mag book mentions some question that these might have been used as a 1923 Remington Thompson cartridge mag, although in the end Doug felt it was a shot mag made prior to die markings were made. Further he felt that the 1923 was simply way too low in production #'s to justify a separate mag run, thus Doug felt a blank 1923 shot mag was perhaps selected for use in the 1923's. Both types Blank Shot Mag and 1923 Remington Thompson are said to be the same dimensions, I don't know about that. I do know this is dimensional similar to an engraved shot mag. When I get a chance to sort through all my items in storage I will share side by side pics of all 3 versions of shot mags, Blank, and then engraved without and with 18 round markings. I did note the Blank shot mag did not have cartridge observation holes. I also may have a lead on a 1923 Remington Thompson with magazine NOT FOR SALE that I hope to contact the owner and possibly compare the two mags side by side, this may be a long shot but I am going to try. If this happens it will take a while as I will need to arrange to fly to visit it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/msigill/f12ce2ba.jpg