Tsmg Mag Can Wooden Dividers For Sale

So, I was inspired by kyle's Cardboard Mag Can Divider Project to make a wooden

version of his cardboard dividers that allows an M728 Fuze can to be used to

transport and store up to 20 TSMG box magazines.

In fact, I made a whole little system, which includes the wooden dividers, spacers

and a piece of carpet to go in the bottom of the can, a piece of carpet to glue to

the top of the can, and polystyrene spacers that allow the 20 rnd box mags to sit

even with the 30 rnd box mags.

I made a small number of these in addition to the one I kept for myself, and I am

offering these for sale for the incredibly inexpensive price of $39.95 + shipping.

I expect shipping to run around $8.00 for FedEx ground.

The can is not included since the cost to double ship it from CTD to me and then

to you is an unnecessary expense. You can buy these cans for $7.97 at: CTD Fuze Can Page

Each system comes with 10 polystyrene spacers, but if you want more, let me know.

This system is very finely crafted. Each wooden divider consists of 29 pieces glued

together with 48 glued dado joints. Five of the pieces are 1/8 plywood and 24 are

3/8 solid pieces. The dividers measure approximately 5 1/2 inches wide by 11 inches

long by 7 1/2 inches deep, and slips smoothly into the M728 fuze can. Using the provided

bottom spacers and bottom carpet, and with the top carpet glued to the inside top of the

can lid, when the can lid is shut, the magazines are held in place. (Carpet glue, contact cement,

or latex/silicone calk works good to glue the top piece of carpet.)

Each divider is signed, numbered, and dated. These things were a major pain in the

ass to make, so I will not be making any more of them! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Contact me at irwin@ucar.edu if you are interested in purchasing one of these limited

edition systems.

Sales will be first come, first serve. PayPal payment is preferred but money orders

(or checks if I know you )will be accepted.

I've provided 5 pictures of the system below.

The system in use:

http://catnipman.home.comcast.net/ThomponMagDividers/incanview.jpg

Orthoview of wooden spacer:

http://catnipman.home.comcast.net/ThomponMagDividers/orthoview.jpg

Top view of spacer:

http://catnipman.home.comcast.net/ThomponMagDividers/topview.jpg

Signature block:

http://catnipman.home.comcast.net/ThomponMagDividers/stamps.jpg

All the parts that you will receive:

http://catnipman.home.comcast.net/ThomponMagDividers/allparts.jpg

I purchased one of these and was impressed with the quality (dovetailed and glued joints). In addition, The 20 round magazines conveniently sit even with the 30 round magazines, and all magazines sit secure so they don't get banged up. The only problem is there are to many empty spaces in mine!

BTW the post on the Northridge magazines was appreciated. They are a tad expensive but worth it.

Sigh. Marks, like I said, these were a major pain in the ass to make. I bet I spent at l

east 100 hours making nine sets of them. I came up with nine, because that's how

many I could make with a single piece of 1/8" plywood. I really couldn't begin to charge

what they are worth in terms of the time I put into them. If I valued my time at only

$25.00/hour, I would have had to charge close to $300.00 a set to get a fair price for

my time and materials.

I love the idea of injection molding a bunch, but I can't imagine the market would

support enough sales to recover the cost of the mold and production run.

Another possibility would be to make a relatively simple mold that could be used

with polyurethane casting resins.

I was thinking polyurethane too. Catnip, would you send me the overall basic numbers and l'll see what a mold and min. qty. would cost.

Thanks,

C.J.

Contact "Contour Forming" in Newark Ohio. They do injection molding. It is owned by a little known Thompson guy. His name is Tracie Hill. Now, because it isn't a true Thompson item he may drag you through the burning coals about it,but, he'll get over it.......................maybe.

Brickyard, here are the divider dimensions:

Outside dimensions:

7 1/2 inches tall

5 7/16 inches wide

10 15/16 inches long

Vertical corners have about a 1/4 inch roundover.

(The inside dimensions of the fuze box are 5.5 x 11 inches with rounded vertical corners)

The five longitudinal dividers are 1/8 inch plywood.

The transverse dividers are 5/16 inches thick.

The interior pockets are 1 13/64 inches wide and 1 13/16 inches long.

You should probably double check that that all adds up.

catnipman.

Will do catnip. I think the molding may be a neat way to go. I'll check the numbers and come up with a sketch and see what the molding guy I used to work for thinks.

C.J.

Based on some feedback, I better note that the pockets of the

mag can dividers were not designed large enough

to store magazines upside down. I guess I incorrectly

assumed the picture showing right side up storage was sufficient to

show the operation of the dividers.

I wanted relatively tight

pockets to prevent excessive rattling around and didn't feel upside down

storage was a good idea for a wooden storage unit anyway since there

would might be some scraping against the front mag lip and might also possily

be some unwanted ressure on the front lip as the magazines were inserted,

removed and stored.

Brickyard, you might make a note of this issue regarding the dimensions I

gave you. Upside storage can be accomodated by making he transverse

elements slightly thinner if that is something that many people might find

desirable.

I think injection molding might solve problems of scraping and if they get dirty use of simple green and a bottle brush would work if removed from the can and allowed to sun dry. VERY nice idea. Also thought this might be well served having the rows numbered or indexed so as to trace that bad mag that keeps jambing if your the neat type return them to the slots before grabbing another mag.

just my .02

BB

What started as a simple, cheap, DIY-project requiring about 60 minutes

of time and a piece of junk cardboard and no more skill than that required

to read a ruler has morphed into an industrial-scale, injection-molded,

"Manhattan" project requiring tolerances out to 3 decimal places!

I can only say... FUBAR! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif