Richardson Receiver

This is not the venue

venue (plural venues)

A place, especially the one where a given event is to happen.

(law) A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.

The twelve men who are to try the cause must be of the same venue where the demand is made. --w:Blackstone.

Note: In certain cases, the court has power to change the venue, which is to direct the trial to be had in a different county from that where the venue is laid.

(obsolete) A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.

(sports) Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.

to pursue

pursue (third-person singular simple present pursues, present participle pursuing, simple past and past participle pursued)

To follow urgently, usually with the intent of capture.

this vendetta

ven·det·ta

Pronunciation: \ven-ˈde-tə\

Function: noun

Etymology: Italian, literally, revenge, from Latin vindicta — more at vindictive

Date: 1855

1 : blood feud

2 : an often prolonged series of retaliatory, vengeful, or hostile acts or exchange of such acts

Can we all just get along?????

1992 Los Angeles riots

The news of acquittal triggered the Los Angeles riots of 1992. By the time the police, the US Army, the Marines and the National Guard restored order, the casualties included 53 deaths, 2,383 injuries, more than 7,000 fires, damages to 3,100 businesses, and nearly $1 billion in financial losses. Smaller riots occurred in other cities such as Las Vegas and Atlanta. On May 1, 1992, the third day of the L.A riots, King appeared in public before television news cameras to appeal for calm, asking:

“ People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out.

President Dale: Why can't we work out our differences? Why can't we work things out? Little people, why can't we all just get along?

Jack Nicholson, Mars Attacks (1996)

hey ART you mention Randall knives a person i did bizz with back when passed away recently, left to his son 4,000 Randall knive's.i am not sure if he is going to sell any at all. or some at auction. i don't know of anybody that had a finer collection.

and before somebody blurts in NO WAY..... he was a very wealthy man even 30 year's ago.i would be happy with one.his class three collection was also real nice.Ron

p.s. i figure i would change the subject.

Mars Attack's. i still wish i had the original set of cards from 62..now just happy with replica's......oh wait REPLICA'S!!!

bad me,

thanks for the memorie's.

I've seen some pretty large collections... Got to remember it was a lot easier to buy Bo's knives back in the day... Supposedly he could build you a custom knife that fit your hand perfectly just from your handshake. :blink:

I have 9 Randall's so I'm on my way to 4K... <_<

Edited by Deathompson

i don't even own a Randall. i had serial #22 of Jimmy Lile "Rambo's from the first two movie's....sold them on the cheap later on. now today that cased set would bring $20,000.00, i have the pic's the memorie's. and Stallone and Jimmy's autographed pic.and the early publicity pics and magazine's { maybe that is worth a few beans now!}good luck in the Randall collecting. you have a good start with nine of them.

my best is my current new issue Marine KABAR..............have fun Ron

I'd love to have a Richardson receiver for my USGI M1 TSMG parts kit. There is no finer work available, and no finer gentleman to work with. The problem comes with the wait that can often be measured in years. I'll just keep my hat out of that ring.

A lot of people must think that Doug has a production line to produce receivers. He does all his own work on all the items he sells. I don't know how many receivers he produces when he does a run, but he can't fill the many orders that he has received.

One must be willing to wait a long time to get a receiver. Time is not a friend to some of us. I wish that he would hire a good machinist to just make the items that everyone wants.

I am not bashing Doug, after all he makes really good products, but people that read how nice his receivers are my not understand the wait, thinking he has them sitting on the shelf.

One mans hobby helps the hobby of the rest of us.

Best Regards to Doug

Weasel

i don't even own a Randall. i had serial #22 of Jimmy Lile "Rambo's from the first two movie's....sold them on the cheap later on. now today that cased set would bring $20,000.00, i have the pic's the memorie's. and Stallone and Jimmy's autographed pic.and the early publicity pics and magazine's { maybe that is worth a few beans now!}good luck in the Randall collecting. you have a good start with nine of them.

my best is my current new issue Marine KABAR..............have fun Ron

Dear ron,

That story is just sad.... http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/images/smilies/cryinghard.gif No collecting here all my Randall Made's are for sale... I've tried to buy a used one cheap enuff to use when I go to the gold claim but I'm going to go with a Chris Reeve spear point Project 1 for digging in the dirt and cutting this and that... It is much better for actually using ie. sturdier than any Randall Made. I'm sure we can come to some trade that would put a nice Randall in you sad little fist. I have two #1 fighters, #18 survival and a special fighter that I forget the number on.... The rest are all hunters.... I'll have em all at the gunshow this weekend.... Or at least let me get you into a "real" KABAR... I have a really cool Marine marked one that would be just dandy for yall.

DT

don't even know what a Randall fighter looks like anymore.i carry a spyderco, six inch folder.with my stainless ppk.old Marine's don't play Rambo anymore. we just look the part.

Ron

Here ya go ron... The two at 11:00 PST are #1 fighters..... Sure ya don't need a real KaBar?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/z3bigdaddy/Thompson%20Stuff/RMKsa013009.jpg
Edited by Deathompson

Ron, On the left: 3 8" Model 2 Stilettos and a 7". On the right top to bottom: Model 1, Model 16-7, Model 14 and a 6" Model 2.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/TAS21AC/Randalls.jpg

And some other customs: Cooper, Lile, Draper, Crawford, Welch, and a Hale push dagger.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h266/TAS21AC/Customs.jpg

now that is some nice stuff.i like the second one on the left.top photo of Randall's. {reminds me of a K-bar type blade} so that must be one of the fighter's. looks like a fancy micarta handle,i probably should have bought one 20 years ago.since this guy did offer me one then, i just never thought of it since i had the gun madness already and my K-bar. another knife maker has redone the "Rambo" serie's, and is asking $3,500.00 per copy. however i feel they won't reach the pinnacle of the original "Lile" serie's. nice stuff. Ron

Ron, The handles on the Randalls are left, top to bottom: maroon micarta, rosewood, black micarta, and leather. The ones on the right are all black micarta. The model 14 and the 6" model 2 I purchased in the early 80's. (Along with 5 others I wish I still had.) The leather handled 7" model 2 I picked up recently but it dates from the 60's.

In 1991 I attended a knife show in Chicago and saw a Lile Rambo fighter for $495.00. It wasn't one made by Jimmy himself but I still wish I would have bought it. As I remember retail on those was around $795.00. I was quite surprised at how light it was for it's size. I read somewhere that a Randall model 18 was originally going to be used in the movie but someone wanted something a little more exotic looking.

Deathompson, The Special Fighter is the 16-7. The one in my pic has the Border Patrol handle on it instead of the standard finger grooved one. Nice pommel on your model 18 by the way.

oh yes we forgot as if in the thousand plus post's nothing ever went off course. yes i thought it was great.totally off course watch for iceberg's..oop's the Titanic is going down.

and yes Thompson's and big knive's.. what else we got.!!!!!

if at forst you don't suckseed try try again!!

did that come out right?

be carefull sharp turns ahead.

Ron

Cool thread hijack........ :lol: :woot:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/boneofworld/Misc/threaddirection9xa.gif

:lol:

um i knew that....i just wanted to end the purse fight. or the pizza party brawl. tommie's, knive's, more fun. life is way tooooo short. not to have fun and laugh.and if you can't laugh about yourself. then how can you about anybody else?i also thought the pic's are great stuff. it's always strange to a guy who doe's not like knive's.heck a battleax or two is always fun.and some here love to read this stuff. to those that don't. well Ron

OK somebody please change to name of this thread to the "Knife" thread or

the "Battle Axe" thread so that the rest of us don't waste our time coming here

expecting to learn more about Richardson Thompson receivers.

Bob

Sheesh, I thought with the election of Obama that intolerance would be a thing of the past... Guess not.... :ph34r: