Numrich Catalog Number Five

I picked up a Numrich catalog today at my local shop. He had Numrich number five catalog. And the price just brings a tear to the eye.

Complete 1928's $425

Actuators $12.95

Buttstocks complete w/all metal $24.95

Stocks alone $6.95

Compensators $11.95

15 shot magazines $6.50

XL drums $44.50

1927 A1 Deluxe $345.00

finned barrels $27.50

Just to name a few.

Then I have catalog 14, prices are a little higher. Does anybody have a 15 round Thompson magazine?

full auto 45,

I was feeling a bit better Mike, until your post! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

We all need time machines!!

Z

Time machine!!!

Cheap Thompsons, C&R 1919's, BAR's, Vickers, Ma Deuce, $100 HK sears, Winchester trench guns, Singer 1911's, etc. etc. etc.

1967 L-88 Corvettes, mid year big block Vettes, 1963 Z-06 Vettes, Shelby Cobras, IBM stock, etc . etc. etc.

Yep, but everyone could do it!!!!!

Ken

I don't remember those 15 round mags. However, my uncle, who carried a '28 as a Sarge in the Pacific, swears to this day he saw 25 round mags for the Thompson at a depot, but they were never issued. Strange, huh?

I still have a 1967 Numrich flyer (as opposed to the catalog) on the TSMG's only. I had just turned 21, knew about Numrich, and wrote them about buying a gun. I got back the flyer with red ink deleting the out of stock stuff and/or repricing items. They were out of 1928's but had NEW (?) M1A1's at $195 each. Other stuff similarly priced. They also sent a letter that said they didn't sell to individuals. Hell, being a college student, I didn't have $25, much less $195 plus the $200 tax. Amazing that I kept that flyer all these years...

red cap,

Exactly! These historical prices are all relative to the prices today. How many people who were of NFA age 15 years ago and did want to purchase 90%+ Colt TSMG's for $5K or less, but didn't? It looked like, and was, a lot of money then, as it still does today. But by comparison to the $30K + contemporary figure, in hindsight the $5K looks cheap. I'm not sure of any item that has had its price frozen in time since hitting the market except for technology gadgets that have actually gotten cheaper.

Mike,

The 1927 A1 Deluxe hasn't appreciated significantly from it's 1967 price of $345.00 to the current $500 to $750 NIB asking price as seen on gunboards today.