Interesting "Thompson"

Is that gun really "mostly Colt"? Either way, I am surprised at the quality of the Chasan receiver.

Just at a quick look no. Selector and safety levers not coltx Buttstock not colt and barrel not colt.

Another example where it's good to know what you are buying and don't rely on an ambitious seller who is misguided by his own lack of information or based on what the owner told him. I would guess I could count on one hand the number of Colt parts in the gun.....

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Most of what this seller said is true. His receivers are of very high quality . I have one of his M1"s . The fit and finish are better than most military guns I have owned . He does have his name wrong maybe on purpose ?. When his guns come up for sale they always sell. As a lot of old timers new of the quality of the manufacturing that was used. I will agree the price is a bit high though.

Chuck K

I only saw one part that may be Colt the Magazine release. If so, its parkerized. The front grip looks lile a SILE or another company repro to me. NOTE how the closeup of the finger grooves are not rounded, but look a little "blocky". Also I have not seen Colts that front foregrips where the back cut out, cuts across the bottom of the straight edge. On the Four Colts I have owned none were cut like that. At a minimum, it looks suspect.

It is a quality aftermarket non C&R reciever on a WWII parts kit, that has been parkerized. With accessories.

I know the owner of this gun. I watched him shoot it at the Big Sandy. the gun runs and runs. as referenced in the prior post, it is very well made. since my first encounter with this gun, I have seen 50BMG's, 1919's, M16's and AR10's made my the same manufacturer. Every owner raved as to the quality and the fit and finsih. all told some version of the same basic story--that Chasan was a NASA contractor and during the downtime in making parts for things that go into outerspace, the company turned out receivers for popular machine guns. while the price is high, if someone was looking for a shooter, this gun fits the bill.

I read in the other thread referenced here about this gun that Colt No. 3000 is in a museum with a mis-matched frame... And this Thompson here has No. 3000's frame...

It would be interesting to contact the museum if they want to switch frames? I don't know if the owner of this gun is interested - but wouldn't it be neat to have a Colt Thompson get its matching frame? And whatever frame is currently on No 3000 - I wouldn't see the value of this Thompson here going down with a different frame?

Of course, the owner of this Thompson is free to do as he pleases - but I just had the idea, so wanted to write it..