Fbi Case Hardware

I remember a few posts before (and a diffrent board.) ago a conv. about FBI case hardware. Anyone have a source for such hardware? I tryed a search for Eagle lock co. and FBI case on this forum only to come up with nothing but envy for Murry, from N. Zealand- FBI case, dang! Nice case there. I am almost completed my modifed violin case in which I will start on my 2 FBI case that I need hardward for. Any takers on this question?? Thanks-adlake

i bought a new repro fbi hardcase from kahr "www.tommygunshop.com" i seen the latches and such at a local hardware store once that looks just like the ones on my case...i think i also seen some at wal-mart once in the crafts section...i'd say you best bet would be a major type crafts store/hobby store...like here in tennessee we have a "HOBBY LOBBY" i'm almost positive they have the stuff you'll need to do about anything..its a great place..wife will even like going there..lol Hope i helped

I have attempted to obtain hardware in the original style for over 15 years. As stated by Arthur, Eagle has been out of business for many years. None of the hardware today even comes close to the hardware on the early cases. I have repo cases and original case - not even close.

You might be able to find an old salesman's case and rob the hardware off it, or a music insturment case.

I built my own repro case, and was lucky enough to have a hardware store in town that's been around since the twenties. They had all this incredible case hardware, who knows from when, looked a lot like musical instrument case stuff, nice corner knuckles, ect... and it was all period.

Well, they were put out of biz by Home depo about 5 years ago, wish I had the forsight to have bought that stuff up. OI!

Cheers, Zamm

Unless you're stuck on having a historically accurate box to display your gun in, there's two ways to skin a cat.

http://drf.lart.net/guns/WH/fbi_case/121-2162_IMG.JPG

When I first got my TSMG, I thought I wanted a FBI/AOC demo case. I had intended to build myself a repro of one, or one like Doug R. has in his catalog. After I thought about it, what I really wanted is something that'd protect my gun on road trips. I figured it'd spend a few hours a month riding in the back of my truck in route to whereever I'm shooting next. I knew I'd end up babying the whole package if I built some prissy repro of an AOC demo case. One day I saw some big carpenters boxes at Lowes. They didn't measure long enough, but it got me thinking. I checked Sears and they carry a carpenters box that is 30" long. A little foam, a steak knife, a hot glue gun, and an hour later... Viola! I still intend to put foam in the lid, when I find the right thicknes of foam. But, everything is tight enough in there that it's not going to jump out on it's own.

Beechnut,

That's a real nice "Tool" box ya got there! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Cheers, Zamm