Opinions on the Finish on this Gun

huggytree

beautiful condition--gotta think it never made it to ww2..just sat in a crate somewhere

waiting for ruben to get me a pic of the selector aeea after cleaning the grease up with some solvent...seeing whats there under the gunk

i noticed the gun is on safe and this gunk is normally hidden under the selector when on Auto...so i am more hopeful this is gunk vs/rust

should have my pic tomorrow and can move forward with my purchase

even if its light rust i most likely will still move ahead with this gun. i can knock it down some with steel wool and its hidden under the selector..so ill never see it

beautiful condition--gotta think it never made it to ww2..just sat in a crate somewhere

waiting for ruben to get me a pic of the selector aeea after cleaning the grease up with some solvent...seeing whats there under the gunk

i noticed the gun is on safe and this gunk is normally hidden under the selector when on Auto...so i am more hopeful this is gunk vs/rust

should have my pic tomorrow and can move forward with my purchase

even if its light rust i most likely will still move ahead with this gun. i can knock it down some with steel wool and its hidden under the selector..so ill never see it

Thank goodness that all the Model 50's and 55's didn't all go to Guadalcanal and end up in the Lunga River. My Model 50 likely wasn't even made in time for the Soloman Islands campaign. I estimate it was made right around the end of the USMC contract in the first half of 1943.

thanks for all your advice...especially Dave....i got an assurance from Ruben that 106214 has no rust, so the deal is finalized.

with an Efile i hope to see it around Christmas

i have to buy a copy of the book yet, but can anyone tell me the year my gun was made? im guessing 1943?

thanks!