Info

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KSPSRT665

KSPSRT665

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

I have a legitimate, barn find US Army Issue M1 2.35 inch  Bazooka,  I first saw in in the early 1980's it was hanging in a man cave in a barn.  Last year I reached out to the family of the man who had it and was able to buy it.  I summited  paper work to the ATF and was able to get it registered, I have ATF paper work on it and it is uncut, it is not pretty and is showing its age, but from what I  can tell it is in original condition.   What I don't know is what is it worth?   Any suggestions?  

Attached Files

#2 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1934 posts
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

I have a minty M9A1 up for sale at $6500 . Yours is earlier , rarer , but much rougher . I'd guess at upwards of $4000 .

Chris

#3 KSPSRT665

KSPSRT665

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

Thank you sir

Yea she is rough I know with some weapons you should never restore them would i be better off to have this one worked on? 

#4 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4816 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

You are correct in that firearms, generally, should not be restored.  My personal opinion is that this is a different situation.   This bazooka is more like a car, than a gun.  It was painted originally, and is pretty rusty.  The wood needs some serious attention.  I think restoration could do well for it.  

Anyone have a different opinion?

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

#5 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1934 posts
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

I would take steps to stop further destruction , but beyond that , I'd leave it to the new owner to decide .

Chris

#6 KSPSRT665

KSPSRT665

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

Thank you all i greatly appreciate the info it has been inside since i it was recovered from the barn and is well oiled