Finally Gonna Buy Me One

waits have flat lined at 7 months...been that way for a while now...they havent been under 5 months for 2.5+ years

ive been in the hobby for 3 years now....ive only known 2 at around 5 months...the rest have all been 5-12months

Edited by huggytree

Huggytree, I have seen it range from 4 months to 10 on mt own transfers. Why they haven't removed suppressors from AOW I have no idea. I think they want wait period to be discouraging. The electronic system was the best, but I hear some outfits were running a couple of hundred through a day and crashed the site. To my knowledge you still can't do a form 3 to 3 or form 4's at all.

efile form 3 should knock some off their plate

i dont know if they are doing more suppressors than they did 3 years ago when times were 3-4 months....i see 7 months on nfa tracker in a straight line....tells me either there is 2x more stuff being transferred than 3 years ago or they are just keeping it at 7 months on purpose...and i would expect a spike soon from the silencerco deal...ill bet 20,000-30,000 items got done....i grabbed a maxim 9 and a free suppressor....thousands of others also did the same...some bought 4 and got 2 free i know.......not the same impact as when Silencerco dropped 100,000 form4's in 1 day...but ill bet it will climb to 9-10 months again at some point

My SBS took a little over 5 months regarding Form 4 approval time. That was in the last 6 months. However very exciting news about out of state individual to dealer Form 4 times. My dealer just signed for my delivered m16a1 reweld today. From Florida individual Form 4 to Oregon dealer approval time was 3 months!!!

I was not even expecting it to be approved until November. Bad news, bet it will be another 5 to 7 months before my tax stamp is approved.

Vettom glad to hear you bought one off of a fellow board member, you did good! I have a WH model 1928 that has been just awesome from day one. It looked to be unfired when I bought it.

It had all GI parts in it so did nothing to it. It has been flawless in function and has had thousands of rounds though it and not one hiccup, not one! The only thing that was any problem was the new "C" drum from "Taiwan" and had to pull trigger a few times to get through the whole 100rds. But after I greased it and slicked up the drum it has been great!

I changed the barrel to a square "S" (Stevens) WW2, brand new out of the rapper. The bluing on the barrel matches my West Hurley perfectly! I changed it just because I wanted a WW2 barrel on it. The compensator was taken off the WH barrel and pinned on the new WW2 barrel. Here's a pic of mine, hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine

20180523_201134.jpg

Vettom Congratulation ,I know you will have many years of fun with the WH , like I said I had mine for 38 years & still shooting , during them years I have bought other machine guns like a Colt 21A and WWII M1A1 Auto Ordnance Bridgeport

Your just getting started

Good Luck

Tino