My Project X

lol... I didn't know it was possible for someone to actually be a more active member after they throw a tantrum and leave for good than they were before the grand egress! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Damon;

Obviously I would have to be registered under another name to lurk, but I won’t give away that handle. I have found that I can usually find out the information I need if I quietly observe. Because the gun I want requires some effort and time to save for, I have decided to enter this thread for the first time anonymously. I could see the potential for controversy and don’t want whoever ends up with my job to have any reason to feel badly towards me. Some folks call me paranoid, they are probably right, that’s just the way I am. You and lionhart seem to think you know me- it would be fun to hear your guess.

My desire here is not to slam anyone, but simply offer the opportunity for the players to provide some information that has not been posted previously. Is that a bad thing? Some seem to feel so. I don’t know what you are paying lionhart, but whenever your name comes up he seems to be there, right on cue with the scripted line or innuendo. Whatever it is it isn’t enough. :-)

I had the idea that you were in the computer business and now see ‘idamon.net new media solutions’ noted on your WebPages, and Tomygunner as a division of that company, so I guess I wasn’t to far off.

To answer your question; I know little about Hudson Trading Post. I seem to recall a post concerning an aluminum dummy receiver made by them that was touted as not very good, but I could be wrong.

In your response, you made it very clear that you don’t think much of Tom, but told us very little more about yourself, specifically relating to your ability to service my much anticipated Thompson. If I dig a bit it would seem that you are ‘self taught’ (not a bad thing given enough time). You did tell us that Tom has an FFL and is a machinist & gunsmith by trade. His WebPages also indicates he has machinery and is a graduate of a formal gunsmithing college.

Who is Jim?

It sounds like you are the front man for your company and do little of the actual work on the guns. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with this (lord knows you’ll probably make more money that way), but in many of your posts you have taken credit personally for the work and that bothers me a little.

I guess I’d like to know: does Tommygunner (you) have an FFL? Do you have a shop facility under your control outfitted to do the work you advertise, or do you subcontract your work? If you do the work yourself, what additional qualifications do you have?

I think these are honest questions and would hope you and Tom and whoever would take advantage of this opportunity to help us get to know you better.

Thanks for the welcome by the way.

Joshua,

Reveal your true identity and I will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. ( most of them were actually answered by my thread if you read it, and the others are common knowlede on the board which you would know if you actually lurked). I will address one issue though...

You said:

"My desire here is not to slam anyone, but simply offer the opportunity for the players to provide some information that has not been posted previously. Is that a bad thing? Some seem to feel so. I don’t know what you are paying lionhart, but whenever your name comes up he seems to be there, right on cue with the scripted line or innuendo. Whatever it is it isn’t enough. :-)"

I do not pay Devlin...he responds on his own...for his own reasons. I did not ask him to respond. Are we friends...Yes...it is no secret. All that he actually did was affirm the obvious that I had pointed out. If I was trying to be subversive and stack the board on my side...I would employ the use of some secret newly registered name to do my dirty work if that was the case...not somebody that is known to all! I see you have a good working knowledge of what I am talking about.

At any rate...I do not feel the need to explain myself to someone who obviously has some hidden motive and does not have the decency to address me in person but instead hides behind a fake identity. Makes it very easy to cast any stone or perpetuate any lies without any accountability for your actions. So since you are such the benevolent soul and only want for the good of the board...reveal yourself. If you do not...thats your business...but I will not respond any further to someone who does not have the decency or courtesey or balls to speak for themselves.

Best,

Damon

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/iagree.gif

Uh...oh...I feel a new video coming on... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

when you listen to all this malarky!! is that the right phrase???thats why i am starting to hate the gun bizz lately..oh well maybe the last five year's...some a-hole bashing somebody someplace...that they know nothing about thompson's...or can't build there own.or get part's or whatever....MAN if i had the reason to blow the lid off dealer's and manufacture's i could...they all farm stuff out.and they use one another....this one get's them a barrel, for trade for wood.they use another dealer to get them this....and even some {i seen it and know it} say they built it...and guess what.somebody else did the work someplace else,ever hear of {b-west arm's?} ak receiver's built by somebody else and stamped with them.

man you should hear my oaklawn ,il gun shop tale.

i have dozen's of them...and alot of major player's....damon, tommygunner.. joshua or whatever or whomever you are..{ maybe secret spy!! who want's that all together thompson} or just some carny or circus freak trying to stir the pot...{ and man i've run into a bunch of you guy's in past five year's>>>

maybe it's my south side chicago upbringing,and hanging with mafia street type's.or just the five sense's i was born with and the two> horse and common you pick up through life>>>>> if you have a interesting life to begin with. and not just some internet cowboy when all this started ten or so year's ago....when everybody say's {can we talk}shade's of joan river's.....wink!

it sounds like somebody here laid the card's on the table about tom's problem's...sad case..we all in life have a cross to bear.some heavier then other's...some can carry it.some drop it.and some later on get nailed to it..by mistake's they make,and sometime's by themselve's...we all have done it.{WE ARE HUMAN! REMEMBER THAT!}

and every one of us is f-edup in our own simple way...some project that more then other's..

as in a few hour's i will prove that at the s.a.r.show in phx....never in human history will so many disaster's be walking in and around the planet in one area..wink!

any b.s. meter will break...

so let's have fun guy's...build what you want let whom reblue what he want..just tell the truth......it's a beetch sometime's....but remember you ain't never gonna remember all your told lie's..so tell the truth.have fun...and enjoy.......and if you can't do that..do all the board member's a favor..take that 55 chevy hardtop off the canyon yoopin and a hollerin! to a glorius fireburst when you hit bottom....i'll be there to catch ya! wink!

take care,ron

can you leave angel dust for santa.or is that a religious thang?

when you listen to all this malarky!! is that the right phrase???thats why i am starting to hate the gun bizz lately..oh well maybe the last five year's...some a-hole bashing somebody someplace...that they know nothing about thompson's...or can't build there own.or get part's or whatever....MAN if i had the reason to blow the lid off dealer's and manufacture's i could...they all farm stuff out.and they use one another....this one get's them a barrel, for trade for wood.they use another dealer to get them this....and even some {i seen it and know it} say they built it...and guess what.somebody else did the work someplace else,ever hear of {b-west arm's?} ak receiver's built by somebody else and stamped with them.

No secret here Ron...this is how manufacturing works. Never did I claim that I did everything..and openly admit to farming certain things out. It's commonplace in manufacturing and business. If I need a part that I don't make and someone else does...and a good one at that...that is what I go with...and never take claim to making the part. Pretty normal stuff. Just some take it further than others.

man you should hear my oaklawn ,il gun shop tale.

i have dozen's of them...and alot of major player's....damon, tommygunner

This I would love to hear. I have never done any business with you before. Just one or two brief phone calls and an email. I would love to hear what story you claim to have. Do endulge us.

Please keep in mind folks one small revalation....Ron and Tom used to work together...and are friends...puts things in perspective.

Tom cannot speak for himself here...phunny how nothing is as presented huh?

it sounds like somebody here laid the card's on the table about tom's problem's...sad case..we all in life have a cross to bear.some heavier then other's...some can carry it.some drop it.and some later on get nailed to it..by mistake's they make,and sometime's by themselve's...we all have done it.{WE ARE HUMAN! REMEMBER THAT!}

Mistakes? That's your conclusion and the one that I held onto untill my hand was forced. This is a credibility issue. Tom screwed up and is out for REVENGE as he has in the past. I personally don't think it's ok to screw people over. Your opinion seems to differ. If you want to take up for him that's fine..."just tell the truth...and have fun"

Damon

damon you must be bustin my ball's right...i just said everybody has hard time's..you want storie's i can tell you horror tale's from curtis earl to bob perry.to current day import's... and i'm a friend of tom????????????who the fwuck is he and how would i know him......the only time i went to jersey was for a nathan's dog.

don't throw your ex- partner at me and ask me to redeem him in the all glowing light of redemption... and yep we all havea cross to bear ...however i guess new yorker's cannot read into the printed mispeeled word's here and get my meaning.{only me! duh!}

if you have a bone to pick it ain't with me..i just made some real simple comment's in your favor dude.in your FAVOR.................................

now if you hear of any grand happening at s.a.r.show in the new's. how some rabid class three went off on some vendor..and put his head on a stick,and waved it around at the show for retail..........i'm primed. wink!! damon get some hot brew.the b.s. will pass guy.it's supposed to be fun remember..

and get what i post.it's in the hidden message.. remember in war.the enemy can hit you from all direction's...and i'm not you're enemy...peace love out.

ron

Ron,

I owe you one big apology. I got half way to town and reailzed that I may have confused you with a conversation that I had with someone else and took everything the wrong way. The truth is that I do have a hard time understanding your posting style...makes me feel dumb actually. I guess I just took things the complete opposite as to what you said. I heard asshole, cowboy and thought you made reference to some story you had about me. I am embarassed for acting in haste and apologize for lashing out at you in that way. You did not deserve that. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Can't change the past...just take it on the chin.

Damon

Damon,

I’m glad to see lionhart has a sense of humor, it was a joke- see the little smiley face? If I had wanted to slam anyone I would have said he was paid to much! :-) Remember, familiarity and predictability are what makes stand up comedy work.

Even if I gave the name I originally registered under it would do you no good, only keep me from using it in the future. It doesn’t have anything to do with this discussion, don’t try to divert attention for the subject.

You seem to think I have some hidden agenda- not true. The publicly announced problem between you and Tom simply made me want more information about how my gun might be handled if you got it for service. I had no bone to pick befor but admit you have ticked me off a bit with your attitude and lack of forthright response.

Outsourcing is a common and honorable practice in manufacturing ("parts is parts" but not really), but when we are talking about service on personal property, the customer has a right to know what’s going on and who is doing it. I disagree that your previous posts made clear the extent subcontracting you practiced. Commonly you would say "I did this" and "I did that" about the jobs completed when clearly you didn’t. I don’t have a problem with someone saying "my company hires the best craftsmen and I personally stand behind their work.", but prior to the revelations in this thread, I only had an inkling that you were just fronting.

Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder- all I asked you to do was give some detail of your operation, are you that ashamed? Respectable companies would jump at the chance to show off . Whenever you feel cornered, you strike out. I did not attack, disrespect or say anything negative to you in any fashion.

From what you have said (and refused to say) I can only conclude that you are not a gunsmith, have no equipment or facility, nor an FFL. That you will subcontract my work to someone only known to you and I have to take my chances.

So I guess my question is answered.

Who am I? The customer you won't get because you didn’t ..."just tell the truth...and have fun"

Ron, How in the world can you make "some a-hole bashing somebody someplace" out of anything I said?

QUOTE (TommyGunner @ Dec 2 2005, 05:39 PM)
Ron,

I owe you one big apology. I got half way to town and reailzed that I may have confused you with a conversation that I had with someone else and took everything the wrong way. The truth is that I do have a hard time understanding your posting style...makes me feel dumb actually. I guess I just took things the complete opposite as to what you said. I heard asshole, cowboy and thought you made reference to some story you had about me. I am embarassed for acting in haste and apologize for lashing out at you in that way. You did not deserve that. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Can't change the past...just take it on the chin.

Damon

damon no problem next time in tucson,i owe you a pizza.well it's really cardboard with ketchup on it.that whats they think is chicago pizza here..

plus being from out of this world my post's sometime's can be hard to follow.make's you wonder those that do..must be from a far distant galaxy also. wink!!

spock logic...or "godzilla lingo" if you can't stomp them,tell um a joke..

have a good weekend..take care,ron

JOSH you don't want to tangle with me.you will just die laughing....give the board a break....and take your bizz to tiffany arm's.just refrain from using the fax paper.wink!!

i think now i will call you the"lurker"

there was a comic book character like that once...

or maybe it was the "stalker" or stinker" or something..

it's a beeatch gettin old..

one day you'll see..............have a good one have some fun...........take care,ron

Ron,

Chicago pizza is an oxymoron.

Sgt,

Just out of curiosity, why does a a full auto TSMG owner ( I got that impression) go to such lengths to transform a Kahr semi into a tricked-out SBR?

But I guess if Sgt didn't go for broke, we wouldn't have this marvelous "Desperate Housewives" with milling machines thread.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Dec 2 2005, 09:57 PM)

Ron,
Chicago pizza is an oxymoron.

Sgt,
Just out of curiosity, why does a a full auto TSMG owner ( I got that impression) go to such lengths to transform a Kahr semi into a tricked-out SBR?

But I guess if Sgt didn't go for broke, we wouldn't have this marvelous "Desperate Housewives" with milling machines thread.

did you ever eat a pizza pie in chi-town....??must have if you went to vollmer's it's only 100 or so mile's away!! kinda like georgia peache's, and apple dumpling's,and punkin pie.....it's all in the eye and mouth of the beholder!!!

the show today only 70% vendor's showed up..i'm sure by sat. it will be a full house..same-o same-o take care,ron

A.F.--

Fair question. Best way I can put it, it's kind of like fixing up your old beater Chevy, the one that you first learned to drive in and impressed your first dates with. I wonder how many of you keep your old Daisy BB gun or toy thompson in the safe next to your class III stuff. I should be shot for being so sentimental. Anyways, there's a little of that spirit in the Kahr overhaul.

Joshua,

No identity, no answers. Prove you are not a fake or be ignored. Don't be so scared to let the truth come out. I will not respond to you further until you do. Sorry if you can't get your way here. You can't force me either. You want details about my business that are really none of your concern and don't have the decency or balls to ask in person...falling on deaf ears...you want info you will have to give some. If you can't do that...take Ron's advice and give the board a break.

Devlin...everyone,

We all got this guy's number. Now he want's to know a detailed breakdown of what gets subcontracted out. Frankly this is none of his business. I could see him going to buy a chevy and grill them about the bosh fuel injector components. I guess he would want to go to bosh for his chevy then since they made a part. And it is still called a chevy and ask who made it and it will be still be called a chevy. And bosh didn't make the chevy either. Let him draw his conclusions and fling accusations. It is an obvious sham. He won't reveal his identity because it is a lie and his needle is stuck on stupid. Personally I have no more time for this guy. Let him say what he wants and don't waste your breath on him. He is getting more desperate...it is obvious. If he wants his questions answered directly...let him reveal himself and prove he is not the fake that we all know he is. When the next run of custom guns comes out I will post the pics and all will be revealed...Tom will not have laid a finger on them.

Ron...if you buy the pizza...I buy the beer!

BTW...so that everybody knows...there were 4 seperate people that worked on Ralph's gun. Not just myself or Hudson Trading Post as you may have been falsely made to believe.

Over and out for good on this one.

Damon

Ralph, I am glad you like your gun!

QUOTE (TommyGunner @ Dec 3 2005, 08:23 AM)

Ron...if you buy the pizza...I buy the beer!

If any of you can make it to Indianapolis, I'll buy you the best pizza ever. Hands down on that. Little joint right by me. And I'll pitch in a couple of buckets of beer. People litterally come from all over the state to get the pizza here. Even met a coiuple from Ohio and Illinois one night.

And to put this back on a topic, I'll show you my Thompson's in the safe! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Joshua,

Hi, new to the board hear and could not help notice the great injustice being perpetrated byt you and felt an uncontrolable urge to join and insert my .02. I feel that the board has a right to know if you are real or not. Get over it man! You obviously have a hidden agenda. You mean to tell me that you break onto a message board as a newbie and crown yourself the vendor subcontractor police? You either have a hidden agenda or way to much time on your hands. The details of what are subcontracted out by Damon and his company are none of your business and the fact that you won't reveal your true identity is just plain cowardace. You are the only one here employing the subversive tactics. Damon has been open, up front and reasonable.

Not enough gold stars on that hall monitor sash for ya?

You have a serious credibility issue here. Show you are not a fake with a hidden agenda if you can.

Imposter http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Edited by Imposter

Imposter,

Welcome to the board new member, who I have never met before, and have no idea who you are since we do not know each other.

It is a sad day for sure to see people act in such desperation just to try to screw someone over. The worst part about it is when someone has to create alter identities to spread lies in a sad attempt to get attention. It is not suprising when the behavior pattern has been established in the past...just sad.

I do appreciate the unsolicited response from a perfect stranger that I have never met before. It is nice because it comes from someone that I do not even know and makes me feel good inside.

Thanks again,

Damon

OK...just kidding! I couldn't resist...I am really done now. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Mike...like I could pass that up! Would be a bit more compelling if I was invited to bring a couple of cases of ammo and an army of troll dolls though!