Dan Blocks Handywork

I know it is not like having a real TSMG but this is as close as I can get right now. I sent the wood to Dan and he reshaped the rear grip, made a vertical grip and stain it all to better match the real thing. I just wanted to publicly thank Dan for the great job and great service.

Photo album

Ed

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/65524/65562927-DSCF0071(2).JPG

Edited by ducati650

i always say whatever you have be proud.

because there is some guy in cuba............who wants it and can't have it......or in china,or belarus.or california...

yep nice looker.......................and it would fool 89% of the lookee public...............wink!!take care,ron

Ed

Is this a display gun?

Just curious I have one as well on my website, with Dan's handiwork.

Other contributors to my display gun include PK, and Doug Richardson who put it together.

michael

Ed--

That is a really pretty job. I especially like seeing the reddish wood. Dan does really good work. Is this the MGC that will shoot the caps or the display one? It actually had me fooled, until I saw no markings on the receiver. You certainly have a project to be proud of.

Thanks guys. You made my day. This is one of the MGC cap firing "toys". I've got a handful of the rounds and about 100 caps. It runs great with the MGC xx mag and even with a USGI xxx mag. Never tied the drum. It is a current Kahe xL that I use just for display.

Dan does excellent work. The color is better than the photos show. He made the fore grip from walnut, just like his wood for real Thompsons. Then he reshaped the mystery wood pistol grip to get the shape closer. Finally he stained everything to a pretty close match to his walnut vertical grip. Just got it all back today.

What a great guy to deal with.

Thanks again guys,

Ed

Thanks PhilOhio. Before I bough this, I did a search for MCG and Hudson. You had several posts about you MGC and they pushed me over the edge. Thanks.

I have one of the plain front sights also but from what I have heard, the M1928 configuration with the horizontal fore end should have the comp.

Ed

Nice looking gun.

I must admit as well that Dan does great work. I hope to commission a new non-crossbolt stock in the fall/winter.

I have a hard time photographing the wood to show it's depth of grain, but it is fantastic.

http://home.ptd.net/~wolfen/thompson/27standsm.jpg

QUOTE (Grey Crow @ Jun 4 2004, 10:01 PM)
Nice looking gun.

I must admit as well that Dan does great work. I hope to commission a new non-crossbolt stock in the fall/winter.

I have a hard time photographing the wood to show it's depth of grain, but it is fantastic.

http://home.ptd.net/~wolfen/thompson/27standsm.jpg

grey crow is that your 27a1 done up???that sure looks nice............just think how many they could sell if everything they turned out looked that great........ron

greycrow nevermind my question: i went over to your site.p.k.is the master.and a nice site.its nice to see somebody with passion for the thompson.........that gives me a feeling of it will go on.............long after alot of us are out of the picture....take care,ron

Ya, Ron, they could sell far more 27A1's that way couldn't they? but they would probably want $2,000 or more for them though!

Oh, by the way Ron, seeing that you used to sell MGC's did you ever see the MGC "Bond Shop" special edition "Thompson" with the full Colt markings? they actually made quite a few of these....I have a MGC catalogue (1980?) that shows this special edition. I would post the picture but I still haven't got the hang of posting pictures yet!

had the catalogs from the late seventies through currently......the only model i saw was the last metal ones i bought from tommy nelson,before the company in japan went belly up........i guess they tried buying it and that went no place.then the cast rubber model's.......

i was in the tail end of buying the last m.g.c.model's........and glad i decided to keep one........a gift from the wife...........nothing like pulling something from inventory and paying yourself..........

i would have liked to have a colt or military marked model.i figure they took all the mark's off and restamped them.since on the marking now that part is milled out and restamped.with place for serial but left blank.............oh geeez!!!now i have to get into replicant thompson's again....................the horror!! the horror!!

brando...............wink!!

take care,ron

Dan does very good work! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Thanks for the kind comments!

I feel that each and every person here has a place. We all share the same enthusiasm for one of the finest firearms ever created.

Through the expertise of PK, Doug, Damon, & Dan, I have been able to put together a fine shooting gun.