Tommy Gun at the Fair

When my family moved to Calif in the early 1960's, Disneyland had a shooting gallery with the same metal and water/splash targets you described in other amusement parks. I think the rifles shot a .22 short. Not surprisingly, I spent HOURS there. :D Now it's all electronic. But, yes, the same Disney Company whose "Toy Story" cowboy carries an empty holster (cuz guns R bad!) used to recognize the joy of plinking.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0a/ad/e6/f0/frontierland-shootin.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EnnS0Hd3FXA/WlDvy91vI4I/AAAAAAAATds/OS7V_0x5fmc0pdsElD2nD5ERbLj8IC_yQCLcBGAs/s1600/adv%2Bshooting.png

My father use to tell me when I was a kid that it was next to impossible the cut the red completely out at the arcades.. He retired from the Navy as a Chief Gunners Mate. He said the only way it could be done was to shoot a circle around the star. They would have six to eight different guns to shoot and only the shill and the the operator/owner knew which gun to use. He also said the the sights were adjusted so that a good many of the BB's would not go where you wanted them to go. He also said that they would sometimes file the BB's so they would rattle in the barrel and being full auto the good BB would back up against the bad one and throw a whole burst off. This was back in the 50/60"s in San Francisco when the Tommy Gun arcades ruled the boardwalk. I know I sure wasted a lot of nickles and dimes trying to win just once. If you looked at the card in the posted picture and read the small print. It says all the Red Star must be removed to win. They always seemed to fine the smallest speck of red somewhere. :) :)

• 4 weeks later...