Cost Estimate For Barrel + Labor For Rebarrel

I'm looking at purchasing a vintage M1A1, but the barrel is slightly bulged. I'm negotiating with the seller on his price, but need an idea of what a NOS M1A1 barrel would run and/or where to find one, then how much it would cost to have a reputable smith rebarrel it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Doug Richardson should have NOS bbls. His old catalog lists them at $90 to $125 depending on condition. PK at Diamond K can definitely fit it for you. See the FAQ>GENERAL for their contact info.

You know, if the price on the M1A1 is a good one to start with and the gun is otherwise in nice condition, I don't think I'd dicker too much over something like a bulged barrel, particularly if you're buying this as a shooter and not as a fine-condition collector's item. As you can see, replacing the barrel is relatively inexpensive.

This is definitely a sellers market. If you want it, don’t discuss it to long or hard, you just may loose it!

I should be able to name the guy who says it, but I can paraphrase it “I never paid to much for an NFA firearm, just to soon”!