WWII Magazine Bag Marking

I would expect that if it was a unit marking that they would use their regiment or company and not their division but I honestly have never seen this type of marking before. Hopefully someone who has some experience looking at field gear has seen other markings that are similar. The number looks like it was a stencil that they put some effort into marking vs just hand writing it on.

Training mark, or a unit mark of some kind. Maybe it was used for something other than TSMG mags during it's service. Not an Airborne marking jus no reason for a unit to take time to mark stuff like that unless it is like a vehicle or something.

I believe H &T markings are At the Front repro bags. I would venture a guess its a reenactor marked bag with some field use

H&T Co. is an original marking, an example is shown in the Thompson Canvas items sticky. HT&C is a reproduction marking.

HandTCo42-3.jpg

I have an At The Front bag as well and I like it a lot but this is definitely an original. I was thinking more along the lines of what R67 said that it might be an inventory marking for a piece of field gear being issued in some type of training so they could keep track of it easier...or it was used for something else. That’s my thinking but I don’t have anything to back it up beyond what I’ve seen us do in the current military. If anyone has any other ideas I’d love to hear them.

I have an At The Front bag as well and I like it a lot but this is definitely an original. I was thinking more along the lines of what R67 said that it might be an inventory marking for a piece of field gear being issued in some type of training so they could keep track of it easier...or it was used for something else. That’s my thinking but I don’t have anything to back it up beyond what I’ve seen us do in the current military. If anyone has any other ideas I’d love to hear them.

Any chance you could post a photo of the back side of the bag with the manufacturer marking?

Any chance you could post a photo of the back side of the bag with the manufacturer marking?

Bridgeport here’s the back marking. Do you have any idea what the number on the front might mean?

3EB941C7-BFE2-4B28-B2CB-F7B3B0DD2981.jpeg