West Hurley Thompson's

The seller of Pre-86 1928 craw fished on me. wink, wink! So I am now looking at a West Hurley trasferable 1928 for $12K in like new condition. I have done some searching on the net and connot seem to find any info on the quality of the WH Thompson's. What I would like to know is the following:

1. Will all original WWII parts inchange with the WH

2. Is $12K to much

3. How prone are the receivers to cracking

4. Is it better to just save my cash till I can get the $18K WWII 1928

I have ordered the Tracy Hill book but I am in Iraq so it will be a week or so before it arrives here.

David

Probably the greatest source of info on the WH guns on the net is above us in the FAQ.

1. Yes; fully interchangeable with GI parts. Several of the original WH parts should[ be replaced--buffer guide and actuator.

2. No. Not in today's market....

3. Receivers are not prone to cracking if operated under specification. The cracking issue stems from the practice of cutting ears off the Blish lock, or other such mods. You can even drop in a '21 style actuator with no ill-effects. See the FAQ for lots on this.

4. WH's make fine shooters with some help. Again, see the FAQ. Sometimes, though, you snooze you lose in the TSMG buying arena.

My .02

1. Yes

2. That's up to you (what a copout!)

3. If you use a buffer should't be a problem, mine is running fine.

4. How fast can you save the money verses how bad do you want a

WWII gun.

Kevin

i thought you bought a m1a1 pre-sample already??so why would you be asking about a wes-hurlee...you have the original deal already.................forget the hur-lee buy a colt,wink!!

it will only set you back $25,000.00 or so!!

take care,ron

Ah, Ron! To be in your shoes... carefree and independently wealthy!!!!!!wink

i thought you bought a m1a1 pre-sample already??so why would you be asking about a wes-hurlee...you have the original deal already.................forget the hur-lee buy a colt,wink!

Hello Ron,

I am still working the M1A1 deal. But an M1A1 is not a 1928. I will in time purchase one of each. Even the $25K Colt 1921. wink, wink!

David in Iraq http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

QUOTE (azdskin @ Sep 6 2004, 01:22 PM)
i thought you bought a m1a1 pre-sample already??so why would you be asking about a wes-hurlee...you have the original deal already.................forget the hur-lee buy a colt,wink!

Hello Ron,
I am still working the M1A1 deal. But an M1A1 is not a 1928. I will in time purchase one of each. Even the $25K Colt 1921. wink, wink!

David in Iraq http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

dave i know you will with all that iraq moolah wink!! stay safe get back soon,[well as soon as possible semper-fi brother!! ron

Arthur,

The mood is good over here. As for the political conventions I have not heard anything either way about them.

Ron,

With the way I have been spending money I am going to have to stay for a long time.