Photo

Photography Practice

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

Love it! The liberator is a interesting little gun.

Andrew

#62 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:World War II, Photography, Shooting

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

“We operated in three-man teams, one man with the Springfield, one with an M1, and one with a Thompson submachine gun. The ’03 had the scope. The other men furnished protection for the man with the scope. The use of three-man sniper teams had evolved from the lessons learned during the early stages of jungle warfare… The man who was to function as the sniper would select a suitable position. The second man, acting as an observer, would search the area for targets and the third member of the team placed himself in a position to act as security. Two-man teams had been tried, but it was found that the man not firing could not observe and provide security at the same time."

g4rQKfl.jpg

Edited by Kilroy, 13 May 2018 - 10:07 AM.

#63 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Ww2, Thompsons & many other guns, hunting, fishing, tools, woodworking

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

Love the theme on that one. Great photo!

Andrew

#64 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

8vpnFkV.jpg

#65 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

I like it! What camera do you use?

Andrew

#66 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

Canon Rebel T3i

#67 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:31 PM

Nice, I need to upgrade to something better like that sometime within the next year.

Andrew

#68 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:31 PM

Im still learning a lot about the camera. Its got a lot more capability than I do. Im also generally not a very creative person so setting up a shot with all the accessories so it looks 'right' is a very frustrating process for me. Like that last post with my trench gun, I took 37 pictures, each one changing a camera settings moving accessories or doing something to try and get a perfect shot, and at that I cant quite say in completely satisfied with that picture.

Edited by Kilroy, 26 November 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#69 Adg105200

Adg105200

• Board Donor
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

37 pictures, sounds about right haha. I pretty much never use any auto settings on my camera. Manual mode is for me. Most of my pictures are nature but I want to set up to get some good ones of my guns. I need to invest in some lights and diffusers as I prefer that over flash.

Andrew

#70 Kilroy

Kilroy

• Regular Group
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

I’ve gone through phases, like experimenting with light. Some with natural light outside and trying to use a poster board to diffuse light, inside hanging blankets or whatever to prevent shadows. I don’t know what works best for me. I probably really need serious lights or whatever else but as this photography thing is barely a hobby for me I don’t feel like finding a place to store the extra equipment. Maybe it’s being lazy, I don’t know? I typically use aperture mode and dial the exposure up or down to try and get what I’m looking for. Full manual mode I am not ready for yet.