Marlin Rockwell

Ammo,

I would prefer a Winchester or a Colt when it comes to a 1918 BAR , but that is just me. The Marlin-Rockwell had some serious problems when it was first produced. The original parts were very soft but they did fix the problem. The Marlin-Rockwell 1918 BARs and parts were accepted by the US Ordnance Dept.

Are you familiar with BAR differences: 1918 vs. 1918A2? If you do not have it, get "Rock in a Hard Place" by Ballou. It will explain all the differences in makes and models of BARs.

Post any questions you have if you need help. Best of luck!

Carey

ammo,...Carey has a given you good info...and I`ll add my .02...I owne a Marlin-Rockwell and it is one of my favorites,runs as good as it gets...never a hiccup...I also have a NESA 1918A2 for a comparison...there really is no differance in function...the early problem with M-R BARs was dealt with in 1918,so for me it is a non issue...any gun with the Colt or Winchester name will always command more attention just from name recognition alone...having said that,you must keep in mind that NFAs..BARs especially are becoming more difficult to find and as such any BAR will bring strong money regardless who stamped their name on it...they were built and maintained to military specs...all basic parts are interchangable...so from recent pricing,they all seem to be within a few thousand dollars dependant on overall condition...I hope this helps and good luck with your choice, http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif