Thompson Drum Greaser Tool For Sale

That's great. I'm glad it works. If you have any suggestions to making it better, I'd like to hear it.

It did take a few iterations and thoughts to the current design. I wanted the cavity to be shallow to provide more force into the drum, have the nozzle end pop out somewhere close to the entrance of the drum, recessed the washer, and have it stay in place. I even had plans to have it engraved with Thompson Greaser or Thompson logo on the top.. but had to back off from that idea for a bit due to adding the recessed washer required it to be printed upside down. I have a way to fix this.. but doubt I'll do it since this is a limited run I'm doing on these greasers.

For the other side I was thinking of making it a bigger footprint, but worried that if the user off-centered it, it could snap the head off when pressure was applied. Thought about recessing that washer too, but with pressure being placed on it, it folds the gasket so figure just leave it alone.

zCPHRWK.jpg

Attached washer/gaskets was one of the annoying things when aligning everything on my original build. It was a ah ha moment. Even had to do research on what adhesive I could use to make it bond. to both different materials. Fortunately I already had the right stuff.

Great, glad people are starting to get it.

BTW I found after greasing, i use the plug to push out grease from the center to give more space to grease to extrude.

I also noticed the plug goes into the cap and can kind of block debris getting into the grease.

What kind of grease is best ?

I don't know what is the best but I've used Red "N" Tacky Multi Purpose Grease which is about $7 for 4.5 oz.

The reason why I used this was due to another forum post where I think someone mentioned they used this to lube their drums..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ryo changed the title to Thompson Drum Greaser Tool For Sale