What magazine is this for? Is this an ammo carrier for the M1 Garand?

These are 2 of a bunch of random gun items I received from my grand father. I know they are nothing special, but I am curious about what they are.

This magazine is too short for 30-06 and it is not for an HK51, FAL, or AR10. What is it for?

Is this ammo carrier for 2 M1 Garand clips? If so, any way to tell what year?

Thank you,

Mile

post-258913-0-63843100-1558941819_thumb.jpeg

post-258913-0-21138900-1558941841_thumb.jpeg

post-258913-0-82199600-1558941856_thumb.jpeg

post-258913-0-98637300-1558941876_thumb.jpeg

The mag looks like a M14 mag, the mag pouch is a M1 garand double clip pouch, not 100% sure but i believe they were made during WW2 and maybe Korean war, is there any markings on the back or inside the flap of the mag pouch?

M14! Of course! That makes more sense for what my grandpa would have been into.

I looked and there are no other markings on the pouch.

All makes sense. He was in WWII and was very into military surplus then in the 1960s until he passed away in 2000. Living on Kauai, he had a very limited selection to what he could get and just got whatever was at the surplus store from the boat, so it would make sense if the pouch isnt even USGI. Thanks for the help.

On the 30-06 pouch, many countries gifted the Garand during WW2 and thereafter often had several different caliber rifles. So different calibers were clearly marked to avoid the mis-issuing of ammo. Also, many countries in the Commonwealth received US 1917 Enfield rifles that were made in .30-06, the rifles were marked with a red band to void confusion, see if the mag pouch will hold the stripper clips used for those.

I have one of those pouches. It is a commercial reproduction sold in army-navy stores these days made by Fox Outdoor Products. I'm not sure if they are making it anymore as I don't see it listed on their website. It has a dome snap instead of a lift-the-dot snap of GI combination pouches (meant for M1 Garand clips or M1 Carbine magazines), no eyelets for equipment, and is generally of lighter construction overall.

I have one of those pouches. It is a commercial reproduction sold in army-navy stores these days made by Fox Outdoor Products. I'm not sure if they are making it anymore as I don't see it listed on their website. It has a dome snap instead of a lift-the-dot snap of GI combination pouches (meant for M1 Garand clips or M1 Carbine magazines), no eyelets for equipment, and is generally of lighter construction overall.

Thanks