Russian SSH-40 Helmet 1944

I just bought this off ebay, going to use it with some other gear for a ppsh41 display. The helmet condition seems to be a bit nice for the age, I'm hoping someone here could tell me if I got a good deal or if I got beat again :D Item is shipping from Europe, I hope this isn't another one of my "Gullibles Travels".

iug.jpg

fkj.jpg

jyrt.jpg

Edited by Skittorius

Hard to tell if it was a good deal or not without knowing what was paid.

Oops, I paid $99, with shipping I have about $130 into it. Just seems like the condition is too good to be true, hoping I didn't get a clever fake.

Skittorius, I doubt its fake, there's (not exact number) millions of them around the globe stacked up in warehouses, now some of those entities want some return. I know there's a lot of fake stuff out there but these....so many around, I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure. Again, doubt its fake, I retrieved one just like it in an old Russian barracks in East Kabul in 2001. As for price, no sh*t WW2...If you're happy with it, its a good deal, should go well with your display. Now I'lI have to go out and dig mine out storage and examine it more. Enjoy

I guess my main worry was if the date had been re-printed or altered. I saw a lot available online but they all seemed to be 1950s production. The few from WWII I saw were all worn out, bad condition etc. This seemed suspiciously clean (but apparently not enough to keep me from buying it) The liner doesn't seem to have any wear. Looks like I may have had some good luck. Thanks for the info !

Skittorius, I doubt its fake, there's (not exact number) millions of them around the globe stacked up in warehouses, now some of those entities want some return. I know there's a lot of fake stuff out there but these....so many around, I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure. Again, doubt its fake, I retrieved one just like it in an old Russian barracks in East Kabul in 2001. As for price, no sh*t WW2...If you're happy with it, its a good deal, should go well with your display. Now I'lI have to go out and dig mine out storage and examine it more. Enjoy