Anybody Feel Class Three Is>

finally showing to slow up a bit.......and price's on certain item's have hit the peak???and also many item's seem to be readvertised month after month??with a lower price not higher.....i have talked with a number of class three's in the last few month's......those with a fair amount of inventory,and they tell me things are slow.and michigan opening up has not made any mark on class three.or current movie's...seem's like the same old guy's trading back some of the same old stuff........ a few new people looking for gun's.........but let me tell you about a dozen people looking for thompson's{ on the cheap} doe's not tear up the world market....and when everybody get's a thompson kit or two..........who else is going to want one?

currently heard 10,000 20 rd mags are around and over 5,000 30 rd mag's...so seem's to be a glut for now.

so let's not be too hasty in spending another $100,000.00 plus for m.g's for the vault...

2006 doe's not look like any banner year.......and 2007 and 2008 with upcoming election's...simma down now simma down!!

wink!! for all of you who have what you want...great!

and the beat go's on.... t.c.ron

Oh, I don't know, Ron. I just managed to sell my 1919A4 w/goodies for $19,500 Yesterday. It took one five-minute phone call. The deposit is in my bank and the balance will be there Tuesday. The market here in Nevada is red-hot. You have any C3 stuff you want sold? My dealer is looking, and I'm buying. Just bought a MAC-11 .380 (Mini-MAC) for $2500 last month and turned down $3000 last week.

Like I say, got anything for sale?

Murph http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Ron-I tend to agree with you. The relentless upwards price pressure seems to have abated a bit. It's probably a breather till then next round of increases, but for now, I'm seeing some nice guns on the market with discounts being offered.

Snipershot1944 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/iagree.gif

well of course anybody can sell something on any given day. i do myself,i'm talking over -all market.........since s.a.r.show i've seen alot of the same item's advertised and priced lower............... SURE,SURE, SURE,A 1919 A4 WILL MOVE,heck dave skinner was looking for one himself..let me see whats for sale> uummmm!! three model 1928 military ww2gun's exc.cond,for $25,000.00 each..........they would have been priced at $15,000.00 each...however somebody mentioned here we have to keep the market really high... so fire off that $75,000.00 to me now...

and i notice recon selling over 40 mg's right now...thats called over stock,or is it end of year house cleaning?? a few colt cased set's at say $50,000.00 each! this way i can make a few buck's so i can eat well.and pay the a.c.bill. as for the economy held together by the price of mac's...they only went up because of that r.p.d.top end flop!! and m-16'

s because of the srike..or whatever they are calling it now!!

and uzi's they are all over the place along with alot of post sample's and pre-sample's....remember if the law letter was not needed for the postee's.............they would go up by 100% since everybody want's a cheap shooter...

i know they probably sold a few s.u.v.'s at the dealer's today....however they are still sitting on another 100,000,000 to move out..

some state's might be a little better then some...i'm talking about the entire market.....not just a few sale's...

heck sometime's we have the same 12 guy's buying up the same gun's...new blood!! new gun's!! it just ain't happening.{ now of course we will have the post of the guy who bought his first thompson...}

i've played this market pretty well for 35 year's.sometime's better then the stock and bond market..and i'm sure everyplace now the real estate is just booming everyplace correct??

we sometimes hate to admit...we will be on a downturn for a short while..everybody i'm sure has a good stock of everything.........and the one's that don't they are trying to boost need,by making some wait.........try and buy a ps-90 from f.n.yet? or the upcoming sig rifle....even the upcoming fg-42 semi will have a demand..until supply is met...otherwise let's all have fun. wink! take care,ron

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Feb 17 2006, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (Poprivit @ Feb 17 2006, 05:04 PM)
Oh, I don't know, Ron.  I just managed to sell my 1919A4 w/goodies for $19,500 Yesterday.  It took one five-minute phone call.  The deposit is in my bank and the balance will be there Tuesday.  The market here in Nevada is red-hot.  You have any C3 stuff you want sold?  My dealer is looking, and I'm buying.  Just bought a MAC-11 .380 (Mini-MAC) for $2500 last month and turned down $3000 last week.
Like I say, got anything for sale?

Murph http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/iagree.gif

Yeppers I don't see things slowing much...... People are still starved for good guns on the market.... Crap I just paid a big pile of money for a 28a1 dewatt, remains to be seen how badly I reamed myself on that one.....

well daddy some have a mortgage,a few kid's in school,and maybe a car payment or two........{ not me!}and buying a rewatt i'm sure did not set you back alot??

and i'm sure you can afford to pop $50,000.00 for gun's...but will you spend another $50,000.00 this year?? wink! t.c.ron

I fimally completed the deal on a Guidelamp M3 today.

I will send pictures tomorrow. It is the Nickle plated one I have been talking about.

Any one know where I can pick up a spare Barrel?

QUOTE (cavediver @ Feb 17 2006, 11:13 PM)
I fimally completed the deal on a Guidelamp M3 today.
I will send pictures tomorrow. It is the Nickle plated one I have been talking about.
Any one know where I can pick up a spare Barrel?

cavedriver that sounds nice nickle plate...a fancy shooter... yep saw two sell at s.a.r. for $18,500.00 and $20,000.00 all that green for a spring a wire and a prayer... however you gotta have one for hell is for heroe's or that mel gibson.. zebra force... check landie's on the barrel's or charlee at sarco garage.

there is also a guy carrol i think in texas someplace...probably find him on the board's..

yep it's always fun when you care...

take care,ron

big daddy adding another to the safe won't hurt..

as long as we never cheat the other thing's we enjoy in life....ya ever hear about the guy who lived in a tent because he figured he could buy more gun's that way...no big expense with a nice house..

well a big wind came along and took away the tent...

put a set of four on his thompson,and drove that to work..wink!!

enjoy the dewatt/rewat..reweld... they are fun to work on. t.c.ron

I think we saw a superheated period between 99-04 where prices shot through the roof. We no longer see those large percentage gains; those kind of gains are unsustainable over the long run. That's not to say since 2004, prices have not been stable.

Some guns that appreciated greatly cooled and even retracted a bit -- example: M16.

Some guns have been flat since 04 -- example: MP5s.

Other guns continued to increase -- example: Norrell 10/22.

28 Thompson have hovered +/- 20K for a while. But it's a flat market, and the few buyers willing to pay that kind of money for a 28 have already acquired one. So the guns sit for a while until a buyer happens along.

I personally have put a hold on buying any new MGs and am selling a few. I have a core of machineguns I love and don't care what happens to the price, but there are others that don't have a special love from me and are going on the block.

QUOTE (philasteen @ Feb 18 2006, 12:43 AM)
I think we saw a superheated period between 99-04 where prices shot through the roof.  We no longer see those large percentage gains; those kind of gains are unsustainable over the long run.  That's not to say since 2004, prices have not been stable. 

Some guns that appreciated greatly cooled and even retracted a bit -- example: M16. 

Some guns have been flat since 04 -- example: MP5s.

Other guns continued to increase -- example: Norrell 10/22. 

28 Thompson have hovered +/- 20K for a while.  But it's a flat market, and the few buyers willing to pay that kind of money for a 28 have already acquired one.  So the guns sit for a while until a buyer happens along.

I personally have put a hold on buying any new MGs and am selling a few.  I have a core of machineguns I love and don't care what happens to the price, but there are others that don't have a special love from me and are going on the block.

yep people that have what they want already are happy,and if they paid a little below the current market even happier yet...those that kinda got stung in last few year's havea ways to go........it's much nicer to have around $6,000.00 into a m-4 then say $20,000.00 and it's easier to cash out when you spent $6,000.00 then $20,000.00

heck even better yet have a post for a grand,shoot the heck out of it.and you can get the money back.........however shoot the heck out of that $20,000.00 m-16 and try, because most want pretty new in box for that price.or untouched in poly bag...not some 16 that went to the range.attended 40 gun show's and was fondled....i just love when i read the ad's hardly used minty new cond.with some rust or ding's or missing one part...

or the new in box.however range tested less then 1,000 rd's..

or that mag-58 only used 20,000 rd's just broken in..will run another 200,000 or so..everybody i have met that want's a m240 or old mag-58.. want;s new cond.for that big buck outlay.....and don't let anybody say they don't...if they do i have some boat anchor's they can buy.{only dropped once}

h&k's are all over the place. overated.and pricey...had all the model's and almost found myself wanting to buy a psg-1.........glad i came to my senses again..

and had those h&k ump'45'and the g-36's.flashy however bored real quick!! and my last p90.now it's seeing some shooting by some dealer in the desert.

not my cup of tea for a near buck a round to shoot..

the old ss190 ammo price..

yep alot of price's will freeze soon on stuff..some will increase. with a new movie.or video hit....or somebody mention's this is the one to get... my latest new [dream] toy, the f.n.2000 with 40mm launcher.. however i am finding out the ole colt m-4 with a lmt 40mm will probably just do the same old thing..{put the rounds exactly on target!}

it's fun to watch it all happen.....no taker's on those $25,000.00 1928 model's..

maybe at $15,000.00 somebody could risk it,and make a few buck's...however at $10,000.00 more per copy..the risk is gone.and you are buried in it. till the next king kong pic is out.or "gangster's on a holiday" wink!

however this still is a fun bizz...and that is the way it was always supposed to be..when you start countin those $$$$..........and start to worry...it's not so much fun anymore..

maybe thats why so many ask.did i get a fair shake??what's it worth??how much should i pay??and if i get screwed and buy it? can i screw the next guy into making him think he's getting a deal??when i gotta bailout of the sun/beetch!

oh wait.thats in the current tell all class three manual for begginer's..and whiner's..and those who think they know the market and bought that little baby on emotion..

however we would never do that> for we are the champion's.........we are the champion's.bohemian rapp/sodee!!

everybody stay healthy and safe.

what happened to the bird when we need him most??

take care,ron

Everything levels off eventually,...the real estate spike is history..it is even declining in some areas,...once the government figures how to make headlines and put some oil execs behind bars, you`ll see gas prices drop....if the troops come home before the next election the economy should stabalize..and a whole new generation of NFA buyers will be created.. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif ...overall I feel the future looks very bright,..even in our little NFA community... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif ..jmo

and the deciding factor of it all.the polotik's in d.c.with a swipe of a pen remember!it's all about the paper. when you buy anything n.f.a. what do you ask first before how much?

IS IT REGISTERED LEGAL? duh!!

somehow that all get's forgotten in all the $$$$of this bizz..and w/o that paper all you have is kit's.... break everything you own now down to kit's...what ya got in loss about 80% gone or more? wink!

t.c.ron

john jr.we need the bird pic post now.also went to expo show today not much action,only on cheap stuff.alot of ak's out there now,and ar's....one thompson semi in the whole place $1,500.00 and the dummy's {replica's for $750.00 by the case...nuff said. don't want to ruffle feather's..t.c.ron

and late breaking new's.at the show today a old vet who i know had a johnson para carbine rifle in semi -auto,in really great shape.i have never seen one of these shortie's before.

he was not selling it just looking for part's,it was in exc.cond. and the story was it was one of five sent to the marine's for acceptance, { he must have had 20 people ask you gonna sell that???}there is still hope for rarity........

Interestingly, I see an ad for a long time big dealer in a popular machine gun publication.

Twin Madsen SMG's from the movie The Challenge for like 19 K or something like that. I remember 6 months ago when another seller had them for 11K.

A transferable Portuguese AR10 that I had work hard to sell for 8500 four years ago, he wants 37,500 for. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/nutkick.gif Ouch. Funny, J Curtis Earl wanted 14,500 for his and Reed was wanting @ 10K for his when I found mine for 3850.

And of course two 90% 1921AC's from PD's in repro cases (Greg's I'm guessing) with NY L drums and 4 patent date mags for 35K each.

The Maremont M60's for 35-45 K are what are making my head spin.

I agree TNKen.

We'll see Colt M16s at 15,000 by the end of this year. Why?

- 8 million new customers in Michigan

- American 180 drum upper

- Lakeside LM-22 belt fed .22 upper

We'll also drop in sears at similar price levels. They can't be found now, if you do it's a $12,000 price.

RR M16s will be a sold 11K by the end of the year too.

doe's that mean i should start buying all m-16's at $15,000 now??because by next year they will all be $20,000 plus and after that $30,000 each....kinda funny you can buy almost the same exact rifle minus f/a/feature now for under $1,000.00

alot of green for a sheet of paper...wink!! and michigan maybe a new 100 buyer's.the economy there is not that great...and once all the new guy's find out how much to enter class three i bet most just stay semi-auto...maybe ten year's ago they would have enjoyed it now in 2006 not soooo much!!

will see very soon i'm sure........they will sell a few gun's.....but it's not going to be like 87/88 frenzy and the late 90's boost.....everybody enjoy it....it's only a hobby, t.c.ron

RE: Michigan influence (or lack thereof) on machine gun prices - Gotta agree with Ron. Maybe a 100 new non-C&R sales in '06. Michigan was C&R for machine guns since '77 so machine guns aren't new, only new machine guns.

Not just the sucking economy with Ford, GM and their vendors chopping heads. 8,000,000 people but a majority of them voted in a Democrat Gov.

Kinda hope I'm wrong. Would be nice to grow the machine gun community, maybe convince some ranges to open up to allow full auto firing.

We'll see.

Don't bet too hard on Michigan guys. No one is buying anything big here. If you didn't lose your job in the past year you are sweating because you know you could be next. Sure some will buy, but not a lot. Most 'demand' will come from C&R's being traded off for 'new' stuff. The prices of class three are too high for 98% of the American public. My friend who spent $4000 for a C.O.W. (Crusty Old Winchester) gagged when I told him that the cheapest MG around was a $2500 M-11/9 and the like. He lost interest in a hurry and he's got one of those "good auto jobs". The only big change that you might see here is with supressors if those go legal but who wants to pay $200 tax on a $100-200 item? Michigan doesn't have a class three heritage and with $20,000 Thompsons you can expect it to stay that way.

the class three has had about as much hype as it will get in past five year's...unless it open's up illinois..{ha-ha}

we are at the end of the big round-up.......i also have a list of over twelve people who are now deceased that did big time bizz in the market.and i'm sure some of you can think of a few who longer deal or who are gone also... those players are what stir's a market also.and when we all go..w/o much new blood joining the ranks.things will taper off...

most new people are not into it for the history and classic look's.or some tale or story........but the $$$ and the bottomline of how much they can make on the next trade or deal...and when you have less buyer's like the history buff's.and more like the $$$ what can i make crowd.it soon slow's down........and they find other thing's to jump to.it's happened with luger's s.a.a.colt's,45's,and yes even s&w handgun's.. and it will come around to class three also.

some never see the writing on the wall/

"kilroy was here,and he won!"

have fun with the stuff.just don't put all your hard earned buck's into it.remember it was always supposed to be about history and fun.

take care,ron

• 2 weeks later...

a boatload of class three stuff still advertised on all the board's..and some of the same old stuff for the past month, why is this stuff not flying off the shelve's??

there is such a great demand for anything full auto right??

anything that goe's rat-a tat...is worth ten time's the semi price right?

anything with a drum should go for $10,000.00 plus........

well really those that wanted something neat bought it already in the last five year's...and now that reality has set in on what they paid,and price's have jumped upward.. that class three next purchase take's a little longer now...........many not in such a rush to spend $30,000.00 on the next thompson.or that uzi that has been advertised for the last two month's..

talked this past week with a few class three buddie's...they both have over twenty mg's to sell..no taker's at all...

they figure thing's have peaked for the time being.

and can you really blame a person for not buying at $20,000.00 or more...then something happen's and they gotta move it out...

yep a lotta rich people out there, and alot more not soooo rich.

i can be safe to say most here probably bought alot from 1987 through 1998.........it's the 2005/2006 buyer's who have to wonder.. is all my stuff on the rise??

the class three bizz a emotional roller coaster since day one.now more like the "wild mouse"

don't ever get caught up in the buy now frenzy....if it's meant to be you will find it. if not then it was not meant to be for you to get it in the first place.

now how do i put this barrel back in the saw m249? DARN!!

wink!! have fun.. will delete it all later.waiting for a phil comment... take care,ron

p.s.and john jr. i did respond to your e-mail you sent me,no cheap belt-fed's i've found lately,however if any turn up i will let you know..something always doe's someplace.

How much disposable income is out there? I have an unusual piece that I wonder if I could move if needed. Gun should push $100k, but would you rather have 10 $10k guns as opposed to 1?

I remember passing on one of the Stembridge Saco M-60E3's a few years ago. Had Dan whittled down pretty good. And Thompson's, and sears. Hindsight is great.

Ken

I would much rather have 10 as to 1. Plus so many more people could get 10 or 11k for a gun as could 1 person try to get 100k for a gun. And as any smart dealer should know, it is better to make 10 happy as to 1.

Philasteen reported that John Norrell just sold 5 triggerpacks for 10K each in under one hour. The last batch of packs sold for $8500 and it was around 10 months ago I think.

Up up and away.....