Michigan Shoot June 18

Hi again,

A few people have been asking about bringing their guns here. I honestly do not know what the ruling is about getting permission to travel to MI. We do have an anti guv, as Phil has said. Does the form that has to be sent to the BATF have to be approved at the state level, or is it just Federal? Does the BATF decide what states you can travel to? Maybe Tman can help out with this question!

Below is posted the info I am sending out to the sponsoring club to post in their newsletter about the June 18 shoot. I think all the info is in there....

THOMPSON SHOOT JUNE 18, 05

Livingston Conservation and Sportsmans Association (LCSA), located at 8532 McClements. Brighton, Michigan 48116. (810) 227-2917. http://members.ismi.net/lcsa/

PURPOSE:

I want to have safe and fun shoot, while at the same time expose members of the LCSA to a form of shooting that many are unfamiliar with. So there will be a “formal” shoot in the morning, and some of us will also allow club members who want to shoot (requires that they buy our ammo) and shoot a Thompson.

Thompsons only. If you bring anything else you will not be permitted to shoot it. Sorry.

The date is June 18, 05. This puts it away from the TCA shoots in April and August. Could serve as a nice warm up for the August TCA shoot!

We will have the use of the rifle range, higher backstops than the pistol range, and a bit away from the rest of the club. I will be using 50 yard pistol paper targets. Since 50yard is the max we will be shooting, we have the rest to set up and score, cook, etc. There are some nice covered firing points at the 100yd distance we can use to set up as well.

There would be BBQ or chili /pot luck lunch as targets are scored. I will bring the BBQ or Chili. There is no electricity down at the rifle range, so use coolers and grills.

Prizes will be based on % of total fees collected. Costs will be $10.00 / shooter (plus a dish to pass!), which includes a a $5.00/shooter fee collected for the LCSA range use. Prizes are based on aggregate scores, I’ll go with 60% first, 30% second, and 10% third.

SCHEDULE :

9:00am Safety meeting and range rules discussion! Be there or you cannot shoot!

9:30am Shoot follows per below

12:00 noon Lunch / Scoring

1:00pm Fun shooting / LCSA Club Member shooting

COURSE OF FIRE:

First course would be (2) 20 round Semi Auto at 50 yards. 30 seconds / round.

Second would be 25 yards FA (2) 20 rounds. 15 seconds / round.

Third would be 10 yards FA (2) 20 rounds. 4 seconds/round.

Lastly, a 10 yard event with a 50 round drum dump is available. Will not count into the aggregate score but be a separate event, as M1's can'n hold drums. No prize money here!

After lunch, the line will be hot for people wishing to shoot what they want (still gotta be thompsons only...) and LCSA members who want to try a Thompson.

The LCSA is providing their own RSOs.

You will need to email me or call me with the following info:

Name, phone and email of all who want to participate in the shoot (not those who just want to try it in the afternoon).

If you have your own Thompson (or have arranged to borrow one).

If you are sharing, with who?

Do you have a loaner gun available for the shoot (or afternoon)?

Thanks in advance – My email me at michael.d.wank@"nospam"gm.com (remove the "no spam") or call me at work at 248-685-6577 home 517-546-4120.