Thompson Smiths

Arizona? Arizona. Hmmmm. That's one of them there big ole squarish western states, huh? Like Colorado? Try Delta.....;-) PK. See the FAQ...

I'm sure that there are Thompson smiths out there, but I must say from experiance that PK does a fantastic job. I don't think I would take a chance "again" with someone that thinks they can.

Pat,

I echo Phil's thoughts and also suggest using the archives here. There is a gold mine of info here, all you have to do is use the search. I have picked up an incredible amount of knowledge in the 3-4 months I've been here.

I'm in AZ and would be more than happy to shoot any Thompson you purchase on a regular basis so that you can know it works well. I won't even charge you for this service, you just provide the Thompson and ammo. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Phil,

I know what you mean. The last time I worked on my Tommy, I broke the head off of the hammer, so off I trod to the store for a BIGGER hammer.

Probably the biggest problem I've had to date was when I put vise grips on the barrel, I ended up with little fins on the fins! Good thing I have a big file, because the bench grinder just made flat spots!

When I sold that barrel, I told the buyer that Capone dropped it while reaching for a beer.

Ron, you were at the SAR show? Did I talk to you or did I miss you? I was in so much aaawh at the show hell I can't remember much of anybody. I should be there again this year. I was pissed i missed the chrome plated Thompson on the table a couple rows from Gordon. Talking and running with Merle, had to go by, on the way back it wasn't there. Finally found it and it was a guy from Indy that had it. He saw me walk by and wondered why I didn't stop to look and play with it, he sold it to the next guy that came by. I was bummed.