1921 Actuator and Hybrid Pilot from PK

I thought I would share some pictures of my 1921 actuator converted from a 1928 actuator. And my 1921/1928 hybrid pilot. Both made by PK a.k.a. diamond K

post-39665-0-81311700-1511055439_thumb.jpeg

post-39665-0-95174300-1511055469_thumb.jpeg

What's the difference? Wouldn't a 21/28 have and 28 spring and pilot?

Basically it is a ww2 1928 actuator milled down to the dimensions of a 21 actuator and the pilot is one piece instead of 2. Not 21/28, just 21 from 28 actuator.

Andrew

Thinking about going the same route. What did it cost for PK to do it. Thanks

i believe around $250 (id have to look at my invoice) and you supply the actuator

and wait a year or so until he builds up enough of them to make a run of them....pretty cool stuff....i missed his last run last year...made sure i got in on this run...

years ago i did a run of these 28 actuatorrs milled down to 21 style for curtis earl ,we used to counterfit all sorts of parts, i guess they are all original now. just sayin.

Your initials are stamped on the actuator, so how do you reckon?

If you used WWII actuators, the slot is a U and not a keyhole. Also the knurling is different than Auto Ordnance or Savages. So folks who are more knowledgeable will know the difference.

Edited by Sandman1957

buffer is hollow

i used a smooth actuator because it was the cheapest i could find...i dont think anyone is trying to fake anything here?

some day these kits will be sought after....ive never seen one for sale and feel very lucky to own one!

thanks PK!

The actuator conversion was 125.00

Pilot 50.00

21 recoil spring 15.00

buffer disc 7.50

Priority mail 13.00

I just received mine as well, look forward to trying it soon.

Price varies depending on how many he is doing. The actuator was $125+Your WWII actuator, Hybrid Pilot $50, springs $15 ea Edited by wwiifirearms

Last month there was an eBay auction for a "Thompson 1928 1921 Light Actuator" on eBay.ca and I assume it would also have been on eBay.com. Looking at the picture I thought it was a PK product that had somehow gotten to Europe. I inquired and the seller (international-antiques) told me that he had several of these made from Savage actuators using original drawings and a CNC machine. There were also a couple made from actuators that weren't as minty and advertised for less.

The 21/28 buffer looks very similar to PK's. I have never had one of PK's in hand so I can't say how much alike they are.

I obtained one for my collection and it is really nice. The cost was $300 (US) delivered. The seller was excellent to deal with and I am pleased with my purchase. The only thing I would have him change is to use a proof mark on the actuator so it can't be confused with an original. To be clear international-antiques never advertised this as anything but a copy made from a milled 28 actuator.

I already had the recoil spring, it wasn't included.

IMG_1523.JPG

Last month there was an eBay auction for a "Thompson 1928 1921 Light Actuator" on eBay.ca and I assume it would also have been on eBay.com. Looking at the picture I thought it was a PK product that had somehow gotten to Europe. I inquired and the seller (international-antiques) told me that he had several of these made from Savage actuators using original drawings and a CNC machine. There were also a couple made from actuators that weren't as minty and advertised for less.

The 21/28 buffer looks very similar to PK's. I have never had one of PK's in hand so I can't say how much alike they are.

I obtained one for my collection and it is really nice. The cost was $300 (US) delivered. The seller was excellent to deal with and I am pleased with my purchase. The only thing I would have him change is to use a proof mark on the actuator so it can't be confused with an original. To be clear international-antiques never advertised this as anything but a copy made from a milled 28 actuator.

Is there a "0" stamped near the tail end by chance?

Is there a "0" stamped near the tail end by chance?

No, nothing at all. Added a couple of photos for you.

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG