Reproduction MG08 and 08/15 boosters

How much are the pistons? And why do they have an internal step?

SS Pistons are $32. They are tapered so they fit over the barrel threads, but stop against the barrel shoulder. Otherwise they wouldnt act as pistons and would allow the barrel to move through them.

Hi,

Can one pre-order or pre-pay for some 08/15 boosters? I can speak from experience - My 08/15's doesn't like to run w/o them!

Thanks for making parts for these 100+ year old firearms!

Grasshopper

Edited by Grasshopper

No need to pre order or pre pay. I'm making 100 of these things and I expect to be sitting on some for at least a year. I promise everyone in this thread who expressed interest will get one.

Done! :)

With approval from David, here's a link to purchase the boosters

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/manufacturer/adco/booster-test-post/

Mention you saw the ad in MG boards and I'll discount the price $25 and give $10 from each sale to support this board.

I worked out the recipe today for the faux patina.

20200426_162852.jpg

paina.jpg

kgeed.jpg

Edited by bigbore

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BB,

Patiently waiting for the 08/15 boosters :)

Thanks!

Grasshopper

Me too. We're having a bitch of a time bending the outer shield properly to look authentic. I'll post pics of all the rest of the parts later this week. They're coming, just want to make sure they are good!

Nice, I could not find the firing pins on your web site? Are they for 08/15 and how much? Thanks Edited by jamesbucklin

Nice, I could not find the firing pins on your web site? Are they for 08/15 and how much? Thanks

They wont be ready to ship for about a week - gotta have them heat treated yet. They will fit MG08 and 08/15.

If you want to pre order you can use this link

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/manufacturer/adco/maxim-mg08-0815-firing-pin-pre-order/

Thanks, I will wait for booster to get done and order both at the same time to save on shipping. I found a sleeve online and soaking can, are you going to be making any of those, see pics.

post-1716-0-57495100-1589915263_thumb.png

post-1716-0-75835800-1589915361_thumb.png

Thanks, I will wait for booster to get done and order both at the same time to save on shipping. I found a sleeve online and soaking can, are you going to be making any of those, see pics.

Need to finish firing pin springs first. I Think next on the menu is top straps for sled mounts.

• 1 year later...

I brought a booster, firing pin and O-ring kits, all worked good. The 08/15 front O-ring kit worked so good I forgot it was in there and threw the metal part out with the water. I can not find them anymore on the adco website? Are these still available? Thanks

I brought a booster, firing pin and O-ring kits, all worked good. The 08/15 front O-ring kit worked so good I forgot it was in there and threw the metal part out with the water. I can not find them anymore on the adco website? Are these still available? Thanks

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/manufacturer/adco/maxim-0815-o-ring-kit/