National Gun Day

Sten--

Where is it?

I'll be there I think on Saturday. I know Phil Askew will be there also. This is off the web search.

National Gun Day, Gun Show

1650 tables of the finest gun and related items in the world, including the finest antique and collectable guns available. Collectors from all over the world will be there. Also the Military Show of Shows will next to it with 1400 tables of military items.

Phillips Lane

Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Date: February 26, 2005 - February 27, 2005

Schedule: Saturday 9am to 5 pm

Sunday 9am to 3pm

Admission: $10

We are headed down sat morning. It is a big show with the military show in an adjacent building. We are headed to Knob Creek to test fire a few guns as well. Our drive is only from indy (2.5 hr)but I think it would be worth a longer drive too....especially if you haven't been to one of these shows.

Take a chance, you might find something you can't live without.

Later

Frank

Frank, let me know when your heading out and I'll meet up with you. And yes I usually do find somethings I just can't live without. Now if I can find another camp 45 for $250 again..................or another WH Thompson for ...............

Sten--

I'll send you email.

I got back from the show a bit ago. All I can say is wow. It was on of the best shows I have been too in years. Thanks Phil. There were so many Thompson parts there, well you had to be there. And yes there are parts kits in from Russia. And they were gone in about 20 minutes from when they came out. Brand new XX mags for $20 each. Mostly AO and Seymour. I did find 1 Crosby XX. I had a great time sitting with Phil Askew and talking Thompson trash all day. Former TCA prez Tom Woods stopped by and just before I was leaving we had a surprise visit by none other then Frank Iannamico. And someone found a couple of his books for sale there and of course Frank signed then, for a small fee, keeping his backpack at the table. STEN, nice to meet you and your wife. I felt lucky as to be the one that only drove 2 hours to get there. Frank from Pa., Phil from north of Detroit, STEN from Tn. and me from Indy. AMAFRANK popped in for a few but was quickly off to Knob Creek to test fire a new toy or two. I should have gone to play but was having so much fun at the table. I think next time I may get a room in Ky and stay for both days. Now I need to save up more bucks in hope there will be as many Thompson parts and kits there! Oh, the M1 parts kits less receivers were $450 and with a dummy were $650. The 1928 kits were $950 but I didn't see one with a receiver. They also had brass cleaning rods for $10 and the spanner tools for $10 and oil bottles for $10 or $15 I can't remember. I was tickled shitless to get my mags for $20 each, in wrappers. Anybody else find any goodies. I never got to check out the whole show.