ATF Form 4 Processing

Both of my cans took darn year a year to the day. 7 months would have been a gift but I have known to think it terms of 12 months for a while. My understanding is the first missed paycheck is on 1/14/19. I doubt this will be fixed by then but there are a helluva lot of folks out there that do not realize that this has happened before

During the Ronald Reagan administration, there were a total of eight shutdowns lasting four days or less=max 32 days

During the Bill Clinton administration, there were two full government shutdowns during 1995 &1996 lasting five and 21 days=26 days

During the Barack Obama administration, a 16-day government shutdown occurred during October 2013 =16 days

During the Donald Trump administration: a three-day shutdown during January 2018; again overnight on February 9, 2018,

This current one will be longer, I think a lot longer-Sorry about everyone’s form 4’s but we need a wall and next much better port security to stop the Fetanayl(sp) which is killing more people that firearms (including suicides!!) Take out the suicides ad just go with murders and vehicle fatalities and I think still under the Fent ODs

Well said.

I hear today that many agencies such as the IRS, Department of Agriculture, etc. are finding ways to call back laid off workers. Anyone know if ATF is calling back people to do forms processing. Be nice if they did. At any rate I am content to wait on my form 4 until we get the boarder security that we must have.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I called the NFA branch to ask about the status of my form 4 transfer. The message on their voice mail said the call center was not yet open and to email NFA@ATF.COM

So I sent the email, and the reply was to call the call center, when it opens, and they don't know when that will happen.

I love my government.

Waiting on a form 4 Group Industries B A R sent in April 10 , 2018 still waiting ! !

A T F said FBI has it now , so who knows when ?

• 1 month later...

Per NFATCA. The government shut down caused a backlog of forms, as we all expected. Some employees failed to return after the shut down was ended so ATF has some new people to get up to speed. Appears wait times will even be longer than in the past. My form 4 was submitted 31Jul18, still no joy.

C&R Mg34 on Form 4 Arrived to my Dealers Safe in Arizona March, 2018

Approved to me Feb 2019............11 months

and that's not counting the 13 months it sat in the safe at the sellers Location due to ATF paperwork SNAFU

total wait time 2 Years

But it's mine now and worth the wait.............(since I had no choice)

Edited by azboater

and that's not counting the 13 months it sat in the safe at the sellers Location due to ATF paperwork SNAFU

total wait time 2 Years

August 21, 2017 was the date the Form to your dealer was sent to ATF. 18.5 months for two transfers. You need a C&R FFL. :)

Glad you made it out alive to enjoy it some don't make the wait..YEAH Pay for the car here are the keys pick it up in two years to drive it home... All bullcrap to me now....Wait too old to wait ha ha.. And am not paying anything 100% to wait for two years for.

So i guess won't be buying anything soon. Yep in the age of the Trump Whitehouse. crap got worse.

What was that promise better deals clean house.n.f.a. quick times good times.

Ron

Want to cry some rivers?

A friend has NFA items sitting in a dealers safe. So do many others, but his are known to be approved.

At a dinner, the dealer told him the forms had arrived; so, he planned on picking them up on that weekend.

The next day, the dealer -in his mid 40's, showed a total lack of consideration in dropping dead from a stroke.

No will. Sole proprietorship. No other name on the FFL and business. Building has been locked ever since.

All tied up in probate for the past six months, with no ending soon.

ATF was called; they won't even get involved until there is a new FFL, and owner/executor for the business.

total wait time 2 Years

August 21, 2017 was the date the Form to your dealer was sent to ATF. 18.5 months for two transfers. You need a C&R FFL. :)

A C&R FFL makes no difference. I, the buyer, hold a C&R and an 01 FFL. The seller holds a C&R. The transfer of the Thompson is still pending approval. The form 4 sent to ATF on 31Jul18. Inquire to ATF says no fast track for FFL and C&R holders. And so we wait and hope we don't die.

Want to cry some rivers?

A friend has NFA items sitting in a dealers safe. So do many others, but his are known to be approved.

At a dinner, the dealer told him the forms had arrived; so, he planned on picking them up on that weekend.

The next day, the dealer -in his mid 40's, showed a total lack of consideration in dropping dead from a stroke.

No will. Sole proprietorship. No other name on the FFL and business. Building has been locked ever since.

All tied up in probate for the past six months, with no ending soon.

ATF was called; they won't even get involved until there is a new FFL, and owner/executor for the business.

Wow! I promise to never complain again.

total wait time 2 Years

A C&R FFL makes no difference. I, the buyer, hold a C&R and an 01 FFL. The seller holds a C&R. The transfer of the Thompson is still pending approval. The form 4 sent to ATF on 31Jul18. Inquire to ATF says no fast track for FFL and C&R holders. And so we wait and hope we don't die.

A C&R absolutely makes a difference. It would have saved one transfer which would save both time and money. The gun could have been transferred directly to the C&R without going through a dealer.

I have a June 18 stamp pending, no idea when its due in. These long delays have discouraged me from buying anything new.

Hopefully your stamp will be approved this month. I called on my early July stamp yesterday, and told it has not been assigned to an examiner yet but they are running about 9 months on average right now for approval times. It is discouraging to have all our money tied up and such a long process, think I might be done for a while. However I have two other weapons going through the form 4 process, so another year before I am done with this obtuse process.

I have a June 18 stamp pending, no idea when its due in. These long delays have discouraged me from buying anything new.

Hopefully your stamp will be approved this month. I called on my early July stamp yesterday, and told it has not been assigned to an examiner yet but they are running about 9 months on average right now for approval times. It is discouraging to have all our money tied up and such a long process, think I might be done for a while. However I have two other weapons going through the form 4 process, so another year before I am done with this obtuse process.

Yup...the wait is just ridiculous

Edited by Petroleum 1

total wait time 2 Years

A C&R absolutely makes a difference. It would have saved one transfer which would save both time and money. The gun could have been transferred directly to the C&R without going through a dealer.

Of course that is correct. I must have misunderstood. I apologize. Yes, when it clears, the gun can be sent directly to me without going to an SOT. I thought you meant the the form 4 would process quicker between C&R holders. It doesn't

still waiting on a transfer from 11/20/18 to my dealer

i just assume 10-12 months on the batch from mid year last year....once the silencer co 10,000 goes through from july 2018 it should start going down again......blame the popularity of silencers!!!!...if they were removed from the NFA the wait time would be 30 days

repubs had control and could have attempted to move it....but i dont believe Ryan ever even voted on it

pro gun dems may be extinct now, so until we have both houses + 60 votes in the senate they wont touch it...even then Rino repubs will block it..so theyd need 65 repubs in the senate

i dont think silencers will be removed in my lifetime

• 2 months later...

Just an update.

Form 4 sent to ATF on 31Jul18. Still no joy. My last transfer in April of 2018 took only 4 months. Who other than a government agency could loose 20 WORKING days due to a shut down and fall 8 months behind on their work. Someone needs to get fired.