Jams typically happen two ways. One the firing pin follows the bolt. The bolt is mostly closed you can just barely see the brass case. This can break off the firing pin tip when it happens. This happens when the sear doesn't grab the firing pin. If you also get the occasional burst or doubling in a trigger pull it's also a symptom.

The second jam is where the bolt rides over the rim of the case and hits against the side. The bolt is about half closed. This is typically caused by feed lips on the magazine bent down or the magazine sitting too low.

You have to pay attention to the jam to figure out the reason why and/or the solution.

Note.. I know this is a stripped bolt.. The pictures are just too show the relationship of the cartridge and the bolt/firing pin in the most common jams.

20191021_202353.jpg

20191021_202405.jpg

Im new to the Kahr Thompson semi board and after purchasing this carbine Im a bit disappointed with the manufacturers quality, considering the price of the firearm.

Your jam pictures do show some of the problems Ive had. Note, Im not a novice shooter nor unfamiliar with working/smithing on my guns.

Heres some issues Ive had.

The firing pin from the factory was cut too low and immediately caused auto firing. Additionally the fitting work from the factory left the firing pin ramp rough and like the surface of a file, which quickly started cutting into my sear. I purchased a new firing pin and fit it myself and polished the surface of the ramp. The carbine now shoots reliably and leaves little to no marks on the sear.

The recoil and hammer springs are just way to strong. I could hardly pull the bolt back to load the gun. Upon inspection of the bolt I again found the factory machine work was rough and crude. So I polished the bolt surfaces, which substantially smoothed out the action and made it somewhat easier to load. But, still not good enough so I replaced the recoil and hammer springs with the lighter kit sold by another vendor. Yes it now loads far easier and what it should have been from the factory.

I reload my own ammo using 230 grain coated bullets and 5.0 grains of Sport Pistol which give me a very nice charge and accuracy. But I did find the design of the receiver makes the crimp of the cartridge extremely important. Which brings me to the jam issue you have brought up.

MagTech 230 grain ammo had a greater problem with jamming than my ammo. Why, I ask myself? After trying various crimp sizes I found anything greater than .471 caused all ammo to grab on the barrel feed edge and cause the jam you have pictured. Tweeking the mag feed lips helps a little, but it did not stop the occasional jam. Setting the crimp correctly did make the feed very reliable. Basically there cant be a lip or edge between the bullet and the brass case, it will hang on the barrel edge and cause the jam.

I just ran 200+ rounds using a 30 and 10 round mag successfully with these mods and ammo.

Oh I also found the screws holding the furniture all loosened and backed out. I blue locktited them in to prevent them from backing out.

I shoot competitively and having an unreliable gun just wont cut it and for the average buyer who expects their gun to run out of the box reliably. I believe this will be a fun gun to shoot, but to make it run properly out of the box takes way too much work, especially considering the price.

But, it is a cool gun and I will shoot it occasionally in USPSA PCC, there just wont be any fast reloads.

Thanks for reading.