How To Order New Drums

You've got that exactly right Lionhart! How come they can sell the ten-round version for only $107, when they claim it's made on the same dies? Is it THAT inferior to their (already inferior) L drum?

And how come there are so many different versions? Apart from different finishes, they have a different part number for every Thompson model. I thought they were interchangeable. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Bob

The following listing is from the e-gunparts search results page

Auto Ordnance

Model Item Number Description

THOMPSON 1921 715720B Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 50 Round (Post 1994 Ban)*

THOMPSON 1927A-1 874960C Drum Magazine, .45 Cal, 10 Round, Parkerized**

THOMPSON 1927A-1 249400D Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 10 Round, Blued

THOMPSON 1927A-1 715720A Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 50 Round (Post 1994 Ban)*

THOMPSON 1927A-1C 874960D Drum Magazine, .45 Cal, 10 Round, Parkerized**

THOMPSON 1927A-1C 249400B Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 10 Round, Blued

THOMPSON 1927A-1C 715720A Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 50 Round (Post 1994 Ban)*

THOMPSON 1927A-5 249400C Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 10 Round, Blued

THOMPSON 1927A-5 874960B Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 10 Round, Parkerized**

THOMPSON 1928 874960A Drum Magazine, .45 Cal, 10 Round, Parkerized**

THOMPSON 1928 249400A Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 10 Round, Blued

THOMPSON 1928 715720B Drum Magazine, .45 Cal., 50 Round (Post 1994 Ban)*

Thanks for volunteering, PK! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif I don't know anyone at Kahr or Numrich but I'm sure you probably do. It'll take an inside contact to get the best price.......and a decent quantity!! We may even want to "Negotiate" our own price. With a large enough order it should be doable!

I'd be interested in at least two and maybe more, depending on the price we end up with. Obviously as time goes on the price will drop a bit, but the beauty of a large quantity group buy is that we'll all end up paying less right now than we probably would later.

I haven't engineered any group buys on anything but it's done on a regular basis over on the FAL boards. Seems to me that those folks usually get close to a hundred items on an order at a time. The money is collected, the buy is completed and then there is the distribution....USPS or UPS or a series of meetings somewhere??

Anyway, please let me know if I can help in any way. I'll certainly check USPS Priority rates and determine the best way to package and ship (since I work for them!!).

Let's see how many are interested....firm numbers. Then we take it from there. Maybe we want to order a couple dozen extra to cover additional needs. Heck, we can always sell them after the buy!!

john

The local Sheriff bought one of the Numrich L drums about two years ago, paid about $170. As far as I know the price was the same last time I thought about getting one some months back. So they've gone up? BTW, it was stamped "for export only" small on the back. No mention of law enforcement. If they're stamped different across the front, that means they've made new ones then? And it didn't run AT ALL until PK got a hold of it. Looked very nice though; nice matte finish.

About three months ago I bought a Law Enforcement/Export only drum for $200. It runs fine but the fit and finish didn't compare to the Bridgeport or Colt drums. The rails were not rounded but more squared off which made insertion a bit more tricky. Not sure if it is a Kahr or Numrich drum but I would go for another on a group purchase just for the sake of comparison. Count me in for a C drum if/when I don't have one of those nor have I fired one. I can only imagine. Hey Chris, how about a 100 round drum dump?

Chuck

PK.

I will definitely take one for a group buy, possibly two or three if it helps drive the price down. I bet everyone would take an extra or two for the right price.

Thanks,

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif PK, put me down for 3 for sure........thanks...jw

Thought I'd post an image of the Numrich L drum, crica 2002, just for perusal...

http://thompson.gotdns.com/1930srust/Numrich L Drum circa 2002.jpg

It has a nice matte black finish, unlike my very shiney West Hurley drum from the 70~80's. Nasty press striations on the sides, but not immediately noticable. Would barely fit into the drum slots (in fact it just about became a permanent addition to my pals Savage '28). After it was PK'd, all was well however.

chris bought mine in 2004 say's EXPORT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY'{on the rear plate only}i am going to sell it with my savage 1928a1 when i get around to it....its still new in box...just about like everything else i own...i am not overly impressed with the workmanship....

its a good shooter drum to use and abuse.

the older rarer stuff now is not meant to be used just looked at........nothing like cracking open a 80 year old drum and smell the oil's inside.wink!!

take care,ron

I'm intersted in getting in on a group buy. How many will depend on the cost.

Edited to ad........ I'd also suggest PK ad some margin to compesate for his time and make a few bucks above that. Doubtful anyone here would mind throwing a few extra bones PK's way.

Edited by marks