New Numrich 100 Round Drums

TD and I looked at the new Numrich C-Drums at Knob Creek yesterday. They only had 3 available at the Creek for $350 each, and they look good. Of course, we'd like to hear a range report. They are very well oiled, in a sealed plastic bag, inside a cardboard box, just like their sister Taiwanese L-Drums. Here are some photos of the new drums. They are marked "GPC W. Hurley, NY." (Gun Parts Corporation)

IMG_4124.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Interesting in that Numrich cannot take advantage of using the Thompson logo, but apparently are having C-drums made. It's odd seeing a very blank looking c-drum. If they actually work, it will be the cat's meow.

Hey Roger, just when you thought your drum collection was nearing completion!!!

Ron

• Upvote 1

The Kahr drums are made by a factory in (I think) Minnesota and have never really

been that good. The same place also makes the semi 30 rd. Mag which Kahr sells for

&70!!!

From the pics these C drums look to be presented just like the " Crosby" drums

so I would figure they went to the same mfg. in Taiwan and since the "Crosby" drums

we're so good hopefully these are too.

Bob

They are $379.95 on the Numrich website...

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1432140.htm#1478210

David

Indeed, that is a lot less $'s, than the C Drums listed for $577 on the Kahr arms A-O website.

Here in the UK, it does not matter if it operates or not, but it would complete the empty space in my Gordon Hergistad viola case.

Stay safe

Richard

Gordon H (2).JPG

• Upvote 1

For the price and the Taiwanese lineage, I decided to try one. It should be here by Thursday. I'll try it out and report on it Friday or Saturday unless someone beats me to it.

Hopefully it will be a good shooter. I bought several of the first run of their L drums and they all work great.

1921A

I called Numrich Arms this morning to check on the C drum - it's still sitting in the warehouse according to "customer service." It looks like I was a bit over optimistic about fast shipping. I've gotten spoiled by companies that practice same day shipping!

Update:

Numrich says drum shipped yesterday - projected delivery date is 4/17/17.

Edited by 1921A

I don't think I would call it a novelty.

At $400 it's practically a must-have item. provided that it works good.

It was a standard magazine option that you could buy from AO.

Makes you wonder how many of the original 100 round drums were made and what use they were put to.

Edited by buzz

I call it a novelty because I doubt most of us use it more than once a year

It exists. So why not buy it

Wish they made 100 rounders for ww2 as I'd like an original but not a chance I'd spend $6,000 for a colt

I'm going to assume the weight and size made it undesirable in 1921-39

Edited by huggytree

Huggy,

100 round drums would be horrible to have in combat. 50 round drums were quickly found to be undesirable by front-line troops.

Think about weight and having to carry everything with you at all times. Also think about the rattle, and time it takes to reload.

Wish they made 100 rounders for ww2 as I'd like an original but not a chance I'd spend $6,000 for a colt

the navy used them quite a bit, destroyers would run up on sunk jap ships and give "swimmers" a little extra weight to get to the bottom.

Sometimes. they'd throw them a life preserver on a rope and catch a few on it and hose them down.

Edited by StooperZero