Colt 1921 Thompson & M1A1

it may not be that the kit is worth 11k+, rather -there may be one person who really needs one component of the kit that is not otherwise available and this is her or her only way of getting it. once that person satisfies his or her need, unless there is another person with a need for a particular component that is not otherwise available, prices will come back to earth. in other words, this may not be reflection of the market and could be an outlier.

I hope DLansky is right. But... in an auction, it takes two to Tango. So at least two individuals really wanted it.

We have seen several kits sell upwards of $8K and nearing $9K not long ago. Not as complete either.

I need a few components - and hopefully the buyer needs only a few specific items as well. Then they will sell the remaining parts... at least that is my hope.

Yup, two people fighting for the same kit was fun to watch.

Guess the bar has been raised as not many good Colt kits are out there, or rather when one gets pried loose from a collectors stash.

Be interesting to see what the next one goes for.

There were three guys with bids @ 10.5K+. That leaves 2 still in the hunt. That Colt looked to be in nice shape. And yes, the next one should be interesting.

Bob D