W.h. Forsale On Sturmgewehr.com

If you look at the picture, does it seem that where the trigger frame and receiver meet, right when a stick magazine goes, that the one part of the trigger frame is missing?? Or milled out?? Or is it just me?? That’s not right, is it??

WTS: WH 1928 Thompson Exc. $13000 + s/h

Once again, thanks for every ones help

Randy

There is definitely about 1/4"missing from the front of the lower. It looks klike a GI lower - modified? Could this be?

And what does he mean by full auto ONLY???? Doesn't sound very safe or legal.....???

The ad says it started out as a '27A5 pistol. The Numrich catalog shows that the pistol version used a different receiver.

I would think the ATF would have them modify the design so that a standard frame w/ a stock couldn't easily be put on the pistol receiver.

The Numrich catalog also lists FA aluminum frames. Sounds like someone gathered some parts together and frankenstiened a '28 together.

KJ

For some odd reason all the light weight (Aluminum) lowers from Numrich have the SA frame cut out/step.

Now it seems that although this particular example has the light weight '28 lower it's receiver does not

have the step in it

(which leaves the gap)

This suggests to me it's really a WH '28 receiver and not an A5 .

I hope that makes sense .

I'm confused too as to why the guy would call this an A5 when the receiver (not so clearly) states

"Model 1928" and "Thompson submachine gun" on the side .

Since it is still April, I guess it could qualify for April Fools. The guy is using a 1928 grip instead of the M1/M1A1 type as well that would actually fit. Why not spend $500 for a complete Savage frame instead of cobbling this thing together? Maybe Maryland is like Connecticut where only full auto is now legal.

DC Chris, you should go over and check it out for us. See what you can find out about it and let us know. Take photos and all that crap like your interested.