I applied for my C&R last October. I finally got through on the phone (this AM) today and left a voice mail inquiring about the status of my C&R FFL. My call was returned mid afternoon. The lady verified my name and address and put me on hold for about 30 seconds. She said "It will be approved today and in the mail tomorrow".

They must be busy. I guess I should have called sooner, but I wasn't in a big hurry. From the posts I've seen on the board, I guess the same applies to transfers that don't seem to be "moving along".

Question: Will I get a booklet or papers covering the logbook requirements and procedures or do I get them off the website?

Uncle Dudley

Congratulations on your type 03 C&R. You might want to purchase a "Bound Bound" from Brownells. They have a nice 'official' one for about $3. You can also make your own. Just make sure that you keep a separate C&R bound book of all of your future C&R transactions.

Thanks for the info guys, that's just what I was interested in.

Now.........back to the TSMG search (hopefully a C&R gun)

It seems, though, every time I put some cash in the Thompson fund, the guns go up. I need 2, one for each son.

Uncle Dudley

Congrats.!!

My FFL 1, took about 6 months, with dual names on it. I got my bound book from Brownell's as well.

From there I had to get a license for the city. More hands out to be greased.

I sent off my letter to them in September stating that I moved and my new address. This for my C&R and my 2 guns. I haven't heard a word from them yet. I got my C&R 2 weeks from the day I mailed it off. That was early last year.