Bought a Lewis Gun. Where can I get a 97 round drum?

They are rather scarce & very pricey. I'm guessing you have a .303 ground gun, bear in mind that you can't use the sights with the 97 round pan.

Message me with your email address, I have several manuals in PDF format that might be useful to you.

post-206-0-85050400-1543322942_thumb.jpg

They are rather scarce & very pricey. I'm guessing you have a .303 ground gun, bear in mind that you can't use the sights with the 97 round pan.

Message me with your email address, I have several manuals in PDF format that might be useful to you.

attachicon.gif DSC_1452.jpg

I have the aircraft sights for it too. Just really it's something that is neat to me that's all. Thanks a lot for the reply!

We imported 15 303 cal 97 rd drums back in the 90s. I kept one, and I think we were selling them quickly at $1500 or so then. They do pop up, I actually got a 97 rd japanese drum for my type 92 from a guy for $700 last year. I have 3 original nice Japanese 97 rders for my type 92 now, and the 1 British 97 rd. I pretty much never use them.

• 5 months later...

I came across a 97 round Lewis gun magazine in 30-06 with canvas pouch in darn near perfect condition at the Creek a few years back for $1400. Was even fully loaded with ammo! Never thought I'd find one...but they are out there...just keep looking...

I came across a 97 round Lewis gun magazine in 30-06 with canvas pouch in darn near perfect condition at the Creek a few years back for $1400. Was even fully loaded with ammo! Never thought I'd find one...but they are out there...just keep looking...

Yea Ive found several different 30-06 drums. None in 303 though, which is what I need.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a .303 Lewis Gun, and also am looking for one 97 round drum.

Please also let me know if anybody has info on where I could get one. I realize Michaelkih asked before me. I just purchase mine, yesterday.

Also, DougStump, would you mind giving me a copy of those same PDF files that you said you could send to Michaelkih? I would really appreciate it. If so, please let me know and I can email you my email address.

Thanks,

Sure thing! Just PM me your email.

Also, DougStump, would you mind giving me a copy of those same PDF files that you said you could send to Michaelkih? I would really appreciate it. If so, please let me know and I can email you my email address.

Thanks,

I saw another 97 rounder just 2 days ago. I forget where but I believe it was chambered in 30-06. Try placing a WTB ad on Sturmgewehr. And scour Gunbroker, other websites and gunshows big and small. This stuff is out there. For me, half of the fun is the search itself.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man I really appreciate it. Apparently I dont logon here enough. Ill live. Ugh....

Mike, I sent you a PM the minute I saw it!

Did anyone on this board buy it?

I was tempted just because of the rarity of such a drum. But I don't own a Lewis in 303 and $2300 is a lot to have tied up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...