What Ever Happened To 1930srust?

Wasn't his mug in the Indiana State MG Shoot website? Good way to spend time!

• 2 years later...

Wow! What year is it? Hello, boys! Has it been so long? I am so sorry to have been away. I have so neglected my Thompson friends here, but life just got so busy. Still Troopin' in far west Kentucky, chasing speeders and slipping around in the blood on the highway. Can't say things are much slower today, but I am slowly getting the Thompson fire back inside of me. Not that it ever really went away mind you. Aside from playing whack-a-mole Thompson style, my prized possession has been sitting safely in the gun safe. Now I am itching to buy a drum or two and get some more of PK's body work done on the ole Hurley. This will be my spring project I think.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Been fiddling around the board and much has changed since I was last here. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Did any of you get to see my Youtube video of killing a mole with the Tommy? Well, it was BANNED for cruelty to animals and violating the Youtube policy against such things. I was placed on probation, so I've had to really watch my nose as of late!

Take care!

PS: Are any of the Crosby repro drums I hear tell about still available?

Here's an updated picture of the Thompson and violin case.

Thompson_Cased_1928_800.jpg

Next I hope to get it polished up and perhaps replace the Cutts with a ring sight.

Chris: The best price on the Crosby repros are at Fortunelot.com, selling at $169.95, I just hope I saved you some money.

MIke Hammer

Chris: I'm not sure how the drums from Fortunelot are marked. I was under the assumption that only about 200 of the first Crosby repros were marked as such, and the later batches omitted certain markings. Perhaps someone who has bought one from Fortunelot can chime in here?

Mike Hammer

Did any of you get to see my Youtube video of killing a mole with the Tommy? Well, it was BANNED for cruelty to animals and violating the Youtube policy against such things. I was placed on probation, so I've had to really watch my nose as of late!

I seen your video. I liked it so added some stuff to it awhile back, don't know if you saw it then so here it is again. Hope you don't mind.

[/img]

Chris: I'm not sure how the drums from Fortunelot are marked. I was under the assumption that only about 200 of the first Crosby repros were marked as such, and the later batches omitted certain markings. Perhaps someone who has bought one from Fortunelot can chime in here?

Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer,

Yes, I would be very interested in seeing the current markings of the reproduction "Crosby" drums, if anyone has purchased one of the recently manufactured ones. I have one of the original 200, and thought about ordering one of the new ones, but want to be sure there is a difference before I spend the money. If anyone has one they can photograph, I would like to see it, and possibly include it in the Thompson magazine & drum pinned post at the top of the board.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

You're hoping for a difference?

CG

Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer,

Yes, I would be very interested in seeing the current markings of the reproduction "Crosby" drums, if anyone has purchased one of the recently manufactured ones. I have one of the original 200, and thought about ordering one of the new ones, but want to be sure there is a difference before I spend the money. If anyone has one they can photograph, I would like to see it, and possibly include it in the Thompson magazine & drum pinned post at the top of the board.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

You're hoping for a difference?

CG

CG,

Yes, I'm thinking they are no longer marked with the Thompson logo. I also want to see if they are still Crosby marked.

David

David, I bought two reproduction L drums from Numrich Gun Parts in 2007 and 2008. Each drum was marked THE CROSBY CO. the same as your example in the reproduction pinned topic. I do not know if these were from the original 200 drum lot that people refer to or if Numrich has some sort of arraignment with Kahr to continue to sell the reproduction drums with wording THOMPSON SUBMACHINE GUN and THE CROSBY CO.

I do not know if the Fortunelot reproduction drums are marked THE CROSBY CO or are unmarked. Anyone out there buy a Fortunelot drum that can report on it's description?

Ross

Did you order the drum from Fortune? Waiting to see what you come up with before I drop paper at Numrich or Fortune....

I'll be a guinea pig and order an L drum from Fortune Lot if nobody else has yet....