We Have A New Worlds Record

I sure hope nobody in their right mind pays this much for this gun. OUCH! And not even a picture or description to go wiht it. I hope you get a big wet kiss.

I've never been one for holding back on what I think.

1921 for sale. No description!

I couldn't get the link to work. Did they pull the ad?

Probably got pulled because of a new unwritten 'rule'.

140K? Was the dude going to throw in a couple pre-sample m249's? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif

It was the one for $37.5. There was no desciption or anything. Just the headline. Buddy probably pulled the ad. Infact I see he posted another one of those "your post isn't disappearing by accident" messages. All the header said was "1921 Thompson $37.5 ......" I don't remember what the last couple words were.

I viewed this gun at the SAR show. Infact it way displayed on the table I was at. Friend of the gentleman I stay with in Phoenix. Nice origional gun. I would rate 90%, But I don't like % as mine is certain to differ from yours. A bit high priced. At 30K would be a nice gun. Brian.

I e-mailed the guy and got a real nice reply. He said that Gordon Herigstad look at the gun, during the SAR show and said he thought the gun was 95%. Then he told me that some one else estimated it at 85%. He said it had a couple of nail holes in the but stock, which probally came from an ID tag. He bought the gun from Curtis Earl. That is all the information I have on the gun.

Al

Just another of the 20-odd Virgina State PD TSMG's that was no doubt used by Earl for mixing and matching parts with any number of his other TSMG's. If this actually is, or was, a 95% example, $37.5K would be in keeping with the current market if there were a couple of Colt L drums and shot mag that were included in the deal. Colt/Winchester BAR 1918/19's are now getting over $30K and they don't have any accessories other than the cheap 20 round mags and ammo belts. .

wow i wish i would have seen this one at the show,i could have put my blessing on it! wink!

95% plus you say........and somebody else stated 85%

you'd have no idea how i rate these thing's...and they are probably glad i did not see it!

for the asking price,heck a guy had two garand's for $100,000.000 about five tables over...and neal from ohio chugged out his $225,000.000 cannon,and his great double rifle's for a mere $85,000.00.........

and you could have bought a boxed set of tiny thompson's for $5,000.00..great x-mas gift at the time.

i went nuts for the half scale mp-38,but at $3,000.00..i have to give that one some thought.......{i have a room full of {why did i buy this} already's!

so i am sure somebody who just sold a pricey furrrrari!! or lambo.........or just's gotta have it will snap it up.

would i??not on a bet for even $20,000.00

but the half scale tommie's ummmm!!wink!

it will be there next year i'm sure,priced at $42,000.00.......i'm waiting for it to hit $50,000.00

remember some oaf said never too late just too early or something like that..........what a used car dealer......

my how we have gone over the cliff!

HAPPY FALL!

take care,ron