Russian Imports

According to the procedure established by the Russian laws, Rosoboronexport may offer to the customers:
foreign-made weapons (captured and acquired under land-lease), including German STG assault rifles (shturm-gever), "Mauser" and "Walter" pistols, MG-34 machinegun, American and English weapons of the "Colt", "Tomson" and "Lee-Enfield" systems, German "Tiger" and "Panther" tanks and the "Ferdinand" self-propelled gun-mount;

Russian Arms Brokerage

Well, if it wasn't for the high price of deisel these days, I'd pop for the Tiger. I'd have to get help on how to grease the turret. Gotta keep that in good shape.

You know, Phil, you could charge $5.00 per ride for the neighbor kids; maybe $8.00 for adults. Vets ride free, of course. Don't forget the carnuba wax after washing that baby off. I think we may have something here.

That website is a real hoot!

QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Mar 28 2005, 10:50 AM)
Well, if it wasn't for the high price of deisel these days, I'd pop for the Tiger.

Are you refering to the actual Tiger or the T34 based replica "Tiger"? The actual Tiger was gasoline powered..Imagine the gasoline cost of operating an actual Tiger today! Not to mention maintaining the HL230 P30 V12! I would much rather have a Panther than the T34 or the Tiger!

Take a ride in one...T34,dressed up ike a Tiger,mg34s and 40s mounted to play with..in Minn. at TANK RIDES.COM...Bob Bowman is the owner...good guy to deal with on guns and equipment... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Well Phil, according to 21 smokers' addition here, it looks like that enterprising Bob Bowman in Minnesota beat us all to it! He's getting a good buck for the rides, too. As you so aptly stated, Ah, the American Dream...

By the way, if any of you guys ever visit the Chicago area, there's a nice tank display and military museum in a southwest suburb; the joint is called Cantigny. Neat place.

mp40: I had no idea the Tigers were GAS powered. Yikes!

Yes, the Tiger, Panther and all of the other German tanks where gasoline powered, no diesels.. (with the exception of a few prototypes)

Talk about gallons per mile! Or gallons per foot!

I have had TWO (yes, 2) WWII American Jackson M-36 tank destroyers for sale for three years. If all of the American dreamers that have sent me email asking 'how much' had just sent me $1 each I could have given them away by now and still made a profit.

Far rarer and way more impresisve than just about ANY NFA but people balk at the price of $65,000 each or $120,00 for the pair, delivered in the lower 48 states, but will drop $35,000 on TSMG that has been reworked so many times it is criminal to associate it with the word 'original'. And they willnot even blink doing it.

They both run and drive but need to be restored. I am willing to take C&R WWII NFA's in partial trade.

Oh yes, and these ones are allready in the country so the wennies can't spoil your fun!!

And with a Jackson's open topped turret you can get more than 4 riders per ride = more money per ride.... I wish I could get the better half to sign off on one of them. I tried to convince her last night but as soon as I say "tank" she rolls her eyes and all negotiations are off...... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Hey Pathfinder, I sure do not have that kind of money but if you are ever in need of a place to keep those little kids of yours, I happen to have about 60 acres of nice property in Pennsylvania where you can put them. Of course you would have to give me a set of keys for them and teach me how to operate them.

Other than that, I guess I'll never get the opportunity to even see on in person. And I for one would never pay even $3K for a SMG. So, I'm not in that catagory that you mention with those who will plunk down that kind of money. I don't have that kind to spend in the first place. I'd just rather get a decent part set and build what I want. Works for me.....

But seriously, I would consider letting you put those WWII American Jackson M-36 tank destroyers on the property. And in case you want to know where it is, it's about 20 miles from Harrisburg, PA. and not that far from some military school. That might help you to know just about where that property is. Could have some real fun runing those things and keeping then in top shape with a workout.

Back in the dim dark past, I was a gunner on a Centurion tank in the Australian Army. Petrol engined. 27.4 litres of Rolls Royce Meteor V12. Mileage ?

Are you ready ?

On a good day we got 3 gallons to the mile. Oh, that's Imperial gallons. In nice round figures, that's about 3.5 US gallons to the mile.

Can you say "fuel efficient" ?