First Nfa Transfer Complication Sets In

Well, the first complication has already set in on my NFA transfer. I requested the NFA forms I needed from the ATF. They mailed me the fingerprint cards, but they said AFT-F5320.4 is on backorder because it is "being revised".

Would I be safe to just download and print the online ATF-F5320.4 form on the ATF site?

Also, is FBI ORI DCATF0100 the right fingerprint cards?

Thanks, catnipman.

I can not answer the fingerprint card question, but I would speculate there is only one card.

As for the Form 4 in backorder because it is being revised.

I would suggest you wait for the updated form for the reason that if you take an older form and they decide to reject it that will only make your life much worse. I say bug them for the new one often until you get it.

I would think if they have the old one on the website for download, they would still accept it.

You could always call and ask that very question, or at least when the new form would be available.

(202) 927-8330

Let us know which way you go and what you find out. I would be curious too.

Chris

Edited by DC Chris

Yeah, I was planning on calling Monday morning. I'll post what I find out.

catnipman,

Those are the correct fingerprint cards.

As to whether or not to wait for a revised form I'd say don't. The form that is current should fly no problem. On the last F4 revision it seemed like there was a grace period of sorts while they got the new forms out to the dealers. I sure wouldn't hold up a transfer on when they MIGHT get a new form out. YMMV though.

Also, don't forget to send a 5330.20 (citizenship cert) or that WILL put the brakes on the whole show.

Mark

Marks, I'll call em, but yeah, I can't imagine them holding up all transfers because they are screwing around with revising their form.

And I had figured out about the cit-cert, which they did send me, though I hadn't requested it, which I thought was nice.

Marks has it just right. Go ahead and send in your package since you haven't the faintest idea when the new forms will be availiable. The worst they can do is send it back to you, and it might just "fly" the first time. Almost all forms are acceptable "until the current supply is exhausted". If a usable form shows up for download, print it and use it. By the way, thanks for the cool mag storage box!

OK, I called NFA, and they confirmed:

1. OK to download and print Form 4 from ATF site as long as copy is two-sided.

2. Two "original" Form 4's required, meaning each must be filled out completely and independenly of the other.

3. Two fingerprint cards total required.

4. One Citizenship Certification form required.